Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Unable to start Waze on HTC Desire

Post by wh05apk
I had not used Waze for a while, I tried to use at the weekend, when I had a long trip, but it would not open on my phone, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it is still the same,I get the blue start up screen then it just stops.

I am using an HTC desire, with about 20mb free (which ha always been enough in the past) any suggestions?
wh05apk

POSTER_ID:331568

Send a message

Post by amiga6
What version of android do you have?

Which version of Waze have you?
amiga6
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
I'm using Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Android 13 Swedish and the latest (beta) Waze version.

Post by crazed_out
I had problems with my HTC Desire HD as well since Waze 3.0 was released. Haven't used it for a while though. I pinpointed the problem to be slow processor, slow memory and a poor GPS receiver. Did a couple of hard resets of the phone which made things better for a while, but eventually I decided to buy a new phone instead.

Cheers
Anders
crazed_out
Send a message

Post by Kuhlkatz
You can also attempt Settings menu / Apps / Waze and then a force stop if Waze is running.
If you then do a Clear Cache and Clear Data, you can likely avoid the uninstall / reinstall.

I've had that a few times where Waze broke due to phone restarts on low battery or other quirks , and this fixed it for me every time.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by stnt
I had the same issue. If this helps, I re-installed it from Google Play, then disabled Wifi, and launched Waze. It connected succesfully using my HSDPA connection

I believe that attempting to connect over Wifi on the 1st time caused the issue, it never managed to connect afterwards. Strange enough..
stnt
Send a message

Post by wh05apk
ANY ONE??

I like using waze, and want to continue, but just cannot get it to run, how do I get help?
wh05apk
Send a message

Post by wh05apk
After a lot of messing about, unistalling/re-installing etc, I have finally managed to get it to work!
wh05apk
Send a message