Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] Livemap Navigation Browser Addon [Deprecated]

Post by Timbones
I've made an addon script for Firefox* and Chrome^ that displays the navigation list for a route in the Livemap.
Once installed, you simply search for directions as normal, and the instructions will appear on the left-hand side.
It was primarily created for editors to debug routes, but it can be useful to drivers too.

Features:
  • displays each turn and road name
  • click on an instruction to see it on the map
  • total distance and time travelled shown in popup
  • additional 'continue on' messages when the road name changes (not shown on client)
  • roundabout instructions for '0th exit' are highlighted in red
  • link in popup to edit segment in editor (new in v0.5)
  • link to calculate the reverse route (new in v0.5)
  • Update Map opens in same location (new in v0.6)
  • Adds images for each turn instruction (new in v0.72)
  • Shows links in popup for next and previous instructions (new in v0.72)
Thanks to my two beta testers for helping with early versions.
If you spot any bugs, or have any ideas on how to improve it, please let me know.

Edit: No longer supported since new Livemap was released October 6th, 2013. Get the WME Route Tester instead.

See the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page for other great addons.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2

POSTER_ID:1445148

Send a message
Last edited by Timbones on Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by Timbones
CBenson wrote:This would be fantastic - if it returned the same instructions as my phone. Alas, it does not.
Indeed that is a problem. I should have added the caveat that the instructions may not match those on the client.

I think the route data given to the Livemap is the same as the client (but I can't be certain), so any differences will be down to how the addon interprets those instructions vs. how the client interprets them. For example, I've decided to include the 'continue on' instructions that the client wouldn't. Also, there's that ramp naming bug that doesn't appear to affect the addon. There may be other instances where the instructions differ, e.g. when there are unnamed segments.

I shall check out your example route to see if I can improve it at all with regards to handling the exit instruction.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by skbun
levin wrote:I have just found out about this script - excellent work! very useful.

I have encountered two issues though:
1. On the israeli site (waze.co.il) when only one route option is given, the instructions panel is empty. It just doesn't display anything.
2. Clicking on an instruction moves the map to a random place. In the Israeli site, it is somewhere near the route, on the world site I got to mid-Pacific Ocean.

Thanks, Lior.
I think I may have found a fix to at least the second issue. Please download and try this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/czxe961xprnhx ... 31.user.js

(Timbones: I've commented where I made a change. I think a lon/lat transform that you were having to do before is no longer necessary.)
skbun
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/2a/W ... 00k_5c.png

AM in SW Shasta, NW Tehama, Central Trinity Counties, CA; Mt Rainier Nat'l Park, WA

Post by roxieixor
Fantastic script.

Thanks.
roxieixor
Send a message

Post by robin1979
Timbones wrote:
CBenson wrote:This would be fantastic - if it returned the same instructions as my phone. Alas, it does not.
Indeed that is a problem. I should have added the caveat that the instructions may not match those on the client.

I think the route data given to the Livemap is the same as the client (but I can't be certain), so any differences will be down to how the addon interprets those instructions vs. how the client interprets them.
Also, in Paris, asterix06 noted there are some differences on the iPhone vs. Android (he's using both). They seem to be getting different routes for the same trips for some reason.
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by pvaladares
jasonh300 wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The filename must end in "user.js" for Chrome to accept it.
Right, and if you save another version of the file, Chrome download sees the extension as .js instead of .user.js and makes it .user(1).js.

I had this problem a while back and must've eventually deleted everything in the directory in frustration and it worked on the next try. Never realized until I did the same thing this morning what the problem was.

If this script can run via Tampermonkey (Chrome) it would automatically update to latest version available.
The problem reported could be easily eliminated :-)

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by porubcan
Hello Timbones,

today INTL livemap changed and Livemap navigation browser addon stopped working (I've tried also beta version 0.75). would it be possible to create new version? thanks very much in advance
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... 00k_6c.pnghttps://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... onster.png
SK Country Coordinator, SK Country Manager, Global Champ, Waze Beta Tester

Post by petervdveen
I think speed camera's work the same way normal events work.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux

Post by petervdveen
Maybe that's because of the 3.0 version?
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux

Post by paulkok_my
leocylau wrote:
paulkok_my wrote:I think the livemap needs to fine tune. I've tried on a roundabout near my place and it does not seem to tell me take the numbered exit. I'm not sure whether it works in other countries, but you can test the roundabout exit prompt here
No roundabout instruction. Just 'Enter roundabout', 'Exit roundabout'. Also it doesn't provide instruction as in the client. Especially on sliproad. It just says 'keep left' then 'Street name'.
Tim, yours is the best. Can we have it agian :mrgreen: ?
It's now called [Script]WME Route Tester [New] ]WME Route Tester :mrgreen:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message