Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.
Post by filmless1
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
filmless1 wrote:I learned the whole editor basically by playing and not saving so I could see what each thing did. Now I want to fix roads I travel a lot. I use the app basically to go to my calls for service. I want to make sure I get to the right place...the fastest way I can.
A laudable goal, I agree. Though "knowing the editor" isn't the same as "editing correctly." Like knowing how to push keys on a piano isn't the same thing as playing chopsticks, much less a concerto by Mozart or Tchaikovsky. Understanding how the editor works is level .5. Knowing how to properly restrict turns at a diamond interchange, or how a SPUI should be constructed, or when to and not to split a roadway, or how parking lots are to be created (and not created) in Waze are a key part of understanding required for considering oneself an experienced editor.

The ranking system continues to evolve. There may not be a finish line.

Yeah I'm not looking to play a concert.... I just want to make decent music. Im very mechanically inclined and fully understand "restricting turns" so you dont send Wazers the wrong way down streets. I understand the gravity of that situation and responsibility...I'm a cop. I'm just looking to be able to edit a little more that's incorrect. No biggie tho. :) I'll just do what I can with what I have. :D
filmless1
Send a message

Post by filmless1
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
filmless1 wrote:I guess I'll just keep my level 1 and do what I can. :) Wish I could help my fellow Wazers more. I've fixed all the issues in my area in the last week single handedly and I look every day for Wazer Updates needed. :)
You don't need to stay at level 1. The first sentence of my reply is key.
Yeah I've applied for Area Manger and that will take me to level 3. That would be a nice improvement. I think most everything in my area though is a Level 1 or a Level 5 edit.
filmless1
Send a message

Post by filmless1
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
filmless1 wrote:Yeah I've applied for Area Manger and that will take me to level 3. That would be a nice improvement. I think most everything in my area though is a Level 1 or a Level 5 edit.
Then you're on your way! :) If stuff is locked which needs unlocking, PM the last editor first. If you don't get a response, there is an Unlock Requests forum.
Cool! Thanks! :)
filmless1
Send a message

Post by filmless1
daknife wrote:Also the reason for the split is that many edits listed as being by level 5's were likely performed when those level 5's were level 3 or lower. Edit ranks increase with the editor. So the way it usually goes is many start editing at level one, they play around with it a bit, maybe fix a few local roads where they see problems and then edit less and less. Others decide editing is fun or their town/area really needs some work and request AM status. They clean up their area and see the improvements. At which point they become satisfied that their town is working and stop or just monitor their area, or they really enjoy it and keep on editing, adding more territory as needed to ensure they have edits to make. Then they hit the magic 200k edit mark and get bumped to level 5 allowing greater reach and eliminating the need to constantly add more AM territory.

Makes sense. Hopefully I'm approved as an AM and once again someone can benefit my town. :)

Thanks all for your input!
filmless1
Send a message

Post by filmless1
bigbear3764 wrote:filmless1, are you in Missouri? Have you seen your state page? rottielover (sp?) has recently set it up with info for your state. I'm trying to remember how to get to it, go to Wiki>resources>USA>pick your state. I think, I have mine bookmarked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I am in Springfield, MO.

I see a "to do" page: http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/To_Do_-_Missouri
filmless1
Send a message

Post by filmless1
bigbear3764 wrote:filmless1, are you in Missouri? Have you seen your state page? rottielover (sp?) has recently set it up with info for your state. I'm trying to remember how to get to it, go to Wiki>resources>USA>pick your state. I think, I have mine bookmarked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I sent him a PM. :)
filmless1
Send a message

Post by Whipm
I agree, been active for two years. Previously a high level moderator for another Trap program. Here I am a level one, mostly because of limited area in which I am allowed to edit doesn't make it worthwhile. It doesn't remember everywhere I've been over the years, only recent travel.

It says somewhere to "contact us" if you want to level up, but don't know who/where to contact??? :?
Whipm
Send a message

Post by Whipm
Thanks AlanOfTheBerg for your insights and information. I look forward to helping out in the community more.
Whipm
Send a message