The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Most users did not follow the suggested route

Post by bz2012
Most routes displayed when I click on these reports are so crazy that I understand why the users did not follow them.

I worry about WAZE ever suggesting them in the first place!
I usually can find NO good reason for WAZE suggesting them.

For example:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=8&lat ... TTTFTTTTFT

WAZE is routing them the wrong way on a one-way section of highway.

Does ANYONE understand why WAZE is trying to get the poor user to follow these routes?
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

POSTER_ID:4185752

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
We're discussing these in the "sea of orange" thread.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by HandofMadness
Short answer: The data Waze is using is REALLY old. Probably at one time that section was set to 2 way or the wrong direction. See the See of Orange thread or the thread in the Map subforum about the disappearing problem layer.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
bz2012 wrote:Most routes displayed when I click on these reports are so crazy that I understand why the users did not follow them.

I worry about WAZE ever suggesting them in the first place!
I usually can find NO good reason for WAZE suggesting them.

For example:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=8&lat ... TTTFTTTTFT

WAZE is routing them the wrong way on a one-way section of highway.

Does ANYONE understand why WAZE is trying to get the poor user to follow these routes?
To answer this specific question, the segment being routed on there has never had the direction set "Hard" (unedited segment). If the direction on that segment is just from someone driving on it, and it's had very little Waze traffic on it, Waze may not know that it's truly a one-way segment.

It's not any different than Waze routing people through soft restricted turns. More than likely at some point, there was a hard restriction preventing any other routing through there other than across that soft segment. This could be as long ago as a year, since these erroneous MPs are using data that could be as much as a year old.

For right now, follow the thread Alan mentioned above.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message