Pretty rewarding

Post by timl2k12
Allow me the indulgence of introducing myself. ;) I actually don't travel much due the price of gas and not having a job at the moment :roll: , so waze didn't seem of much use to me. However just for kicks I used it and noticed it routing me through a construction zone. I looked at the editor and saw some things that were just a little bit messy. I started reading about the editor and saw how I could fix the construction zone problem as well as a lot of other things that were not quite right.
Going on a little diversion, ever since I was a kid I used to live to look at road maps. Especially Interstate interchanges. I would draw up my own interchanges and even draw roads and then "widen them" using little pieces of tape so I could then design and redraw the widened road. This probably relates to my fascination when they widened a two lane road near my house to a four lane highway when I was little. I was just mesmerized watching the construction! Born civil engineer in me I guess.
Anyways, quite a digression, but I applied to be an area manager and really find it rewarding finding and fixing problems whether user identified or auto-identified. I like being able to lay the groundwork that will be used by others to get from point A to point B in the most appropriate fashion. I like that I can make things more accurate for the user.
One thing I have observed, if someone starts waze and they live in an apartment complex but their roads are not represented they will get frustrated. In certain circumstances even the lack of major parking lot routes can be frustrating. If someone starts up waze and it doesn't know they can go to Street A instead of Street B because the routes in their apartment complex have not been wired up, they may just say to heck with it. So I'll be looking out for those (esp. those with thoroughfares) and mapping them out. The civil engineer in me has come to life in the waze map editor! :D
Happy editing!
timl2k12

POSTER_ID:13137504

Send a message
Level 3 Area Manager - Tampa, FL

Post by razor2k
crazycomputingdotnet wrote:Welcome! If you have any questions feel free to ask them here or by pming me.

Tampa still needs a lot of work especially North and East although it is slowly getting there.
Did he say North and East?... He means North and East! :lol:

All kidding aside..anything east of I-275 needs attention...all the way to Lakeland. So have at it! And as CCDN says "if you have any questions feel free to ask" :D
razor2k
Send a message
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual

Post by thefatveganchef
Welcome! If you have any questions feel free to ask them here or by pming me.

Tampa still needs a lot of work especially North and East although it is slowly getting there.
thefatveganchef
Send a message