Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Weather condition & Road conditions

Post by onezerosix141
I was looking at Weather Hazard list and isn't it possible and be better if they were buttons?
It's nice to know if it's raining but it would be better if I could post how hard in weather? By how much visibility is affected?

For driving safety thing too? I would like to use voice commands all the time but with two little kids in the car constantly, it is hard to do.

Another thought is on Road Conditions. If I could report hydroplane zone or black ice be awesome!

Thoughts? ^_^

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk
onezerosix141

POSTER_ID:3597160

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
A "reduced traction" or "slippery road" condition is plenty to cover nearly every single possibility for ice, snow, water, oil, gravel, etc., which reduce or eliminate traction. By the weather outside, it's pretty obvious which it is. Oil/gravel: just slow down, you don't really need to know which it is.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
onezerosix141 wrote:So where is this"reduced traction" button?
Not implemented. It's merely a suggestion to reduce the need for 10+ different types of "slippery road" buttons.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Wind is already available in the US as a voice command only.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jimmyngcm wrote:It's be good to get an option under Hazard->weather->flood.
Already noted in a dozen threads. Flood is also already an option via voice command only, and only in NA unless you have hackivated voice commands.

Please review the list so you know what is already there and what will come to everyone eventually, when they figure out voice commands globally.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
natefirethorn wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Wind is already available in the US as a voice command only.
From your list, linked elsewhere, it looks like we've got a choice of "hurricane" or "tornado." A good stiff wind, as I ran into tonight and tried to report, is neither.
I guess it's been too long since I did that list. I woulda swore there was a high winds one. My apologies.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jimmyngcm
IN my part of the world (Malaysia), we get a lot of floods where roads are impassable by traffic and in many cases, it's a dangerous condition as cars can skid and aquapan.

It's be good to get an option under Hazard->weather->flood.

Jimmy Ng
jimmyngcm
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
https://sign.wme-tools.com/images/signa ... ones-3.png
Area Manager : Wangsa Maju, Puchong (Malaysia)
Waze Communities in Malaysia
Facebook : Waze in Malaysia on Facebook
Google+ : Waze in Malaysia on Google+

Post by jimmyngcm
Cool. Was not aware of that. I was using Waze just last Dec when I was in California. SHould have tried Voice activated commands then.

I do hope that you guys would roll out voice activated commands ASAP for global use as it's really a quantum leap in safety when driving. I know that Waze allows only passengers to use reports when on the road. But, let's face it, there is a lot of lone drivers who is using Waze while on the move and there is no choice but to use it to report road conditions while driving. I understand from a legal point of view Waze would like to exclude liability arising from it's use if there is an accident, so, voice activated commands will be a good feature.

As for the global roll out for this feature, I would understand that dialect and accent will be an issue. But then again, there are many who could master and speak the NA accent without any problems. Even if the majority don't speak the accent, at least they can try and benefit from it.

Just my 2 cents.
jimmyngcm
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
https://sign.wme-tools.com/images/signa ... ones-3.png
Area Manager : Wangsa Maju, Puchong (Malaysia)
Waze Communities in Malaysia
Facebook : Waze in Malaysia on Facebook
Google+ : Waze in Malaysia on Google+

Post by mrhodes2705
High winds would be a good addition, round here there are a lot of open exposed roads that casue difficult driving conditions esp for large sided vehicles
mrhodes2705
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
UK Area Manager for Preston, Lancashire

Post by natefirethorn
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Wind is already available in the US as a voice command only.
From your list, linked elsewhere, it looks like we've got a choice of "hurricane" or "tornado." A good stiff wind, as I ran into tonight and tried to report, is neither.

I like the button idea. The voice commands aren't very reliable with my iPhone dash mounted and a good deal of road noise.

- Steve.
natefirethorn
Send a message