Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by HandofMadness
Can you guys close any of these? Marking them solved doesn't add anything to the undo counter, nor will the save box be active unless I make other edits.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
I've come across several that have the following two characteristics:

A) Only show one green route
B) Green route DOES follow purple route

Example:
followed.gif
(81.94 KiB) Downloaded 1045 times
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Hey Champs, any word from on-high about when the Problem Layer will start working correctly again?
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Thanks for th eupdate. Its too bad no one has invented any sort of testing platform, where Waze can try out scripts and other changes before rolling them out to the production servers. :?
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Borgholio wrote:Finally, got L.A. cleared up. My poor mouse got clicked almost to death...
Congrats! I'd been trying, but they kept disappearing on me and I'd get frustrated and quit.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:This makes me dubious that researching/reveiwing any of the recent "sea of orange" map problems is worth anyone's time...
The first time this script was ran, it did find a lot of legitimate errors. This time around it seems super sensitive, and almost all the ones I've brought up were either solved a LONG time ago, or are the result of bad info (Green route turning on the purple line, but just being a few degrees off).

So this time around its been pretty much worthless, other than exercising the mouse hand.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
From what I've been seeing, Google Maps city boundaries are the most accurate (When I've compared to official city published borders). What sucks is if you zoom in too far they go away, making it difficult to see exactly where they leave off.

Mapquest's neighborhoods overlap, so aren't that useful when you are working where two towns meet.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
No wonder New Jersey is the butt of so many jokes.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
And its still using ancient outdated data, and I'm pretty sure most of these were flagged the last time around and marked as solved.

What a waste of time and resources. Waze must be trying to spike the volume of "solved" problems's to show high levels of activity to their VC.

I'm almost ready to throw in the towel and tell Waze to F off.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by james8970
I think it depends how active the editors in the area tend to be. I've been editing in areas where the editors have be less active in the past year and the information has generally been quite useful. Moving over to my city where I've been actively keeping up with everything and 80% of these reports ten to be duds.
James
james8970
Send a message
Canada Country Manager