Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

While you were editing, the elements...

Post by rj_mckenzie
"While you were editing, the elements you're trying to save have been modified and/or deleted.
Please refresh and try again."

I see the above message alot at times when editing in my area. It's very annoying. It's coming from roads that I've moved slightly or ones that I've deleted to redo. The new roads are attaching to touching the area the old one was. I've erased browser data in Chrome, I've refreshed, ect. Still happening..

Am I the only one that is having this issue?
rj_mckenzie

POSTER_ID:12846244

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
kodi75 wrote:
Caradellino wrote: It is especially delicate, when you delete segments to redo them. I recomend to save after deleting and then perform the redo.
Just to clarify - I recall the wiki prefers that, if at all possible, to reuse existing segments rather than deleting and redrawing. There is speed and other data already associated with segments that would be lost.
That's true. Very much situation dependent, too.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by anti-S-crap
RJ_McKenzie wrote:"While you were editing, the elements you're trying to save have been modified and/or deleted.
Please refresh and try again."
When I run into this error. I just hit the permalink to refresh. You would think that you would lose your changes queried in the save button. But you don't (most of the time). Everything is all ready saved.
anti-S-crap
Send a message

Post by Caradellino
RJ_McKenzie wrote:Am I the only one that is having this issue?
Surely not ;)

It happens to me too when I save too many edits at once. It is especially delicate, when you delete segments to redo them. I recomend to save after deleting and then perform the redo. Sometimes you still get the message, if you happen to experiance a sync error, but far less often.

Hope this works for you too :)
Caradellino
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Greets...and keep on wazing
Caradellino, CM for:
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/Common ... /Mysig.png
AT-Wiki | Team Austria | Wie Waze Routen kalkuliert
Australian Wiki
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Post by Caradellino
kodi75 wrote:wiki prefers that, if at all possible, to reuse existing segments rather than deleting and redrawing. There is speed and other data already associated with segments that would be lost.
Agreed, but this does not apply in every case: i.e. when I find unfinished roads with a bad geometry and lots of unnecessary nodes, drawn or paved long ago, I simply delete them for they never had shown in the client and so no data is lost - and redoing them is far more efficient than spending time cleaning the geometry.
Caradellino
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Greets...and keep on wazing
Caradellino, CM for:
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/Common ... /Mysig.png
AT-Wiki | Team Austria | Wie Waze Routen kalkuliert
Australian Wiki
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Post by harling
anti-S-crap wrote:
RJ_McKenzie wrote:"While you were editing, the elements you're trying to save have been modified and/or deleted. Please refresh and try again."
When I run into this error. I just hit the permalink to refresh. You would think that you would lose your changes queried in the save button. But you don't (most of the time). Everything is all ready saved.
Sometimes a sequence of edits makes reference to a map element (e.g., a junction or road) that was deleted by an earlier edit. Closed-loop roads (only possible these days via basemap or roundabout creation) seem to get that a lot.
svx-biker wrote:Could be the same as here. Maybe we should merge these topics or have a link to one and close others?
That is the most likely cause, since everyone is experiencing this lag. If you delete a junction, hit "save", and the junction is still there when the map refreshes, if you try to delete it again it will generate this error, because it is already queued for deletion from the map database.
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by kodi75
Caradellino wrote: It is especially delicate, when you delete segments to redo them. I recomend to save after deleting and then perform the redo.
Just to clarify - I recall the wiki prefers that, if at all possible, to reuse existing segments rather than deleting and redrawing. There is speed and other data already associated with segments that would be lost.
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by rj_mckenzie
Ah I didn't know that it kept speed an other data. I've never seen that anywhere in the interface. The maps around me are so bad from not many users here using Waze. It is sometimes just easier to just wipe out the road and start over.
rj_mckenzie
Send a message

Post by svx-biker
Could be the same as here. Maybe we should merge these topics or have a link to one and close others?
svx-biker
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message