Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby Autourdupc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:11 am

When we take a picture with Waze (for a trafic jam report by example), I would like that Waze use a dedicated folder to store the pictures or name the pictures with a dedicated name, like waze_xxxxxx.jpg.
Actually, pictures are stored with camera pictures, and it is boring because pictures taken with Waze are no longer usefull after the report is sent.
Maybe Waze could have a feature to delete the pictures it manage.
France - French - Galaxy S3 - Android Version 4.1.2 - Stock ROM
Translator for french language - "Localization expert"
Autourdupc

Postby Autourdupc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:18 pm

fotrik wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:In case of network failure while transmitting report, Waze should be able to buffer the report and sent it back again when network is back.
Actually, the report is lost !

Reported several times in forum, questionnaire and even at meetup, that the client has to remember all reports until they are sent successfuly and we mentioned situations where the network is not available on bad signal reception or during phone call when the old GPRS connection type is interrupted. I am pretty sure that the HQ is aware of it and the only information we miss from them now is when it will be implemented. ;)

I know that... But till they don't give an answer, we need to repeat again and again the same requests !
Autourdupc

Re: Re: Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby Autourdupc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:51 pm

foxitrot wrote:
bikr wrote:Feature Request: Tapping the "Thanks" button should close the report window.

Why? I admit it could be convenient...

bikr wrote: If I'm tapping the "Thanks" button, it means I read the report. Why would I still want to see it? If I don't want to thank, that's when I'd actually tap the close ("X") button in the upper right corner.

I still may want to comment on it after thanking. If it was an automatic popup from far away along my route, I may be not able to find it on the map anymore.

After thanking, the auto-closure countdown could be lowered to, say, 5 seconds.

If you want to comment tap on comment button then thanks !
Autourdupc

Postby Autourdupc » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:36 am

I found that Waze has troubles with network, especially when Waze is running and we switch off Wifi. Device goes to GPRS, but Waze seem to have problem to switch to GPRS network.
We can see data flow running correctly on device while Waze do not find network.
Autourdupc

Postby bikr » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:28 pm

Feature Request: Tapping the "Thanks" button should close the report window.

If I'm tapping the "Thanks" button, it means I read the report. Why would I still want to see it? If I don't want to thank, that's when I'd actually tap the close ("X") button in the upper right corner.
bikr

Postby bikr » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:32 pm

Feature Request: Better audio quality of the Waze navigation voice.

I did a comparison of Google Maps versus Waze, and Google's navigation lady's voice is much clearer and easier to understand, especially when there's a lot of road noise. The Waze lady's voice has less audio fidelity and sounds digitally compressed.
bikr

Postby CBenson » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:39 pm

jdeyoung wrote:I am running on Android 4.1.1 on the Droid Razr Maxx HD.

I am as well without problems. No crashes, can access the scoreboard without problem. Feel free to PM me if you want to compare setting differences.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Altantic, US
Verizon, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Android 4.1.2, Waze 3.7.9.909
CBenson
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby cherianchris » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:41 pm

AndyPoms wrote:Short trip this AM...

Tried to submit a Map Issue - failed. Hit report again, Waze crashed (Android Force Close). Logs sent ~3:55am Eastern (about 10 minutes ago).

Same issue in India. This bug is getting in the Way of me reporting Gas Stations to be updated on WME. By the time I've restarted Waze, Ive crossed the Gas Station or Map Problem. :(

Chris
cherianchris
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CMSFL70 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:47 pm

First of all I love WAZE has been a great app for the 10 months I have been using it.

BUT...

The past few weeks the app has been VERY unstable to the point where it is almost unusable. I noticed Waze crashing a lot and as some others have pointed out it happens at the time the popups would appear notifying me of alerts in the area. The last update to 3.5.3 has had no effect on this problem.
99% of the time when my vehicle comes to a stop a crash occurs. When I am stopped and no crash occurs I do not receive any alerts of incidents in the area.

The app also crashes every time without fail when I attempt to view the scoreboard.

I am running a Galaxy Nexus on Verizon completely stock.

I have tried clearing the data and uninstalling then reinstalling Waze.
Last edited by CMSFL70 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galaxy Nexus Android 4.1.1 (Verizon)
CMSFL70

Postby CMSFL70 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:13 pm

I posted problems I was having with the Waze app back on page 14 of this thread. Never received any feedback. I can see others have the same issue.

Waze is totally unstable on my phone. It crashes every time my vehicle comes to a stop (within 10 seconds.) It also crashes every time I attempt to access the scoreboard.

I do send the crash report every time the app quits on me. Am I wasting my time or are the developers using this data?

This app was at one time very useful but now it just does not work. I have lost out on thousands of miles by now.

Should I just uninstall and be done with it or is there hope the crashing problem will be fixed (soon?)

Anybody out there???????
Last edited by CMSFL70 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galaxy Nexus Android 4.1.1 (Verizon)
CMSFL70

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App