Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Re: Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby deeggo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:24 pm

fotrik wrote:
deeggo wrote:Maybe because you put depuis before the number. In Dutch we've only put something behind it and it works.

No, we have also one word before and one behind for Czech and it works.

Ahw, I was just guessing. Do you have a screenshot how that looks?
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Re: Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby fotrik » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:42 pm

deeggo wrote:
fotrik wrote:
deeggo wrote:Maybe because you put depuis before the number. In Dutch we've only put something behind it and it works.

No, we have also one word before and one behind for Czech and it works.

Ahw, I was just guessing. Do you have a screenshot how that looks?

Here you are but I am afraid that we went pretty much off the topic.
Attachments
Screenshot_2013-01-18-21-40-34.png
Screenshot_2013-01-18-21-40-34.png (62.11 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
ImageImage
fotrik
Localizers
Localizers

Re: Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby deeggo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:04 pm

Looking good indeed!
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Suik » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:46 pm

Autourdupc wrote:First screen is not correctly sized !
Edit : It is very strange... Sometime the image size ratio is correct, sometime not. I can't say why !
Screenshot_2013-01-18-08-04-14.png

I'm experiencing this incorrect ratio only at first-run of each reinstall. Then it's back to normal and stays normal...till next one.
BA-SVK & surroundings AreaManager, Soc. Med. XP
Renault Fluence 2011, 1.6 16V Exception+HTC One S, stock Android 4.0.4, waze 3.6.0.0
FB pg: Waze Slovensko / Twitter: @waze_slovensko / G+: Waze Slovensko
Suik

Postby AndyPoms » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:49 am

AndyPoms wrote:Took 1.5 hour trip today... Entire phone crashed towards end of trip. Logs sent.

Menu->Help->About: text starts to get scrambled after "Search Data:“ - seems to say something about Yahoo! JAPAN then "Map Data:“ then complete gibberish till the www.waze.com link.

EDIT: Saw another post (which I merged into this topic) about phones running hot with this version again. My phone was hot (and plugged into the car charger) when it crashed.

On the return trips (multi-destination) had several issues...

1) Two Hard Crashes of Waze - Logs sent just before 5pm Eastern & at about 7pm Eastern
2) Tried to submit 4 map issues - 3 didn't go through
3) Driving in traffic, got an ETA Change alert that said "traffic clearing up" and moved my arrival -10 minutes, before that one even closed, got another one "traffic building up" and moved my arrival +10 minutes for a net change of ZERO.
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby supernovareborn » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:55 am

AndyPoms wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:Took 1.5 hour trip today... Entire phone crashed towards end of trip. Logs sent.

Menu->Help->About: text starts to get scrambled after "Search Data:“ - seems to say something about Yahoo! JAPAN then "Map Data:“ then complete gibberish till the http://www.waze.com link.

EDIT: Saw another post (which I merged into this topic) about phones running hot with this version again. My phone was hot (and plugged into the car charger) when it crashed.

On the return trips (multi-destination) had several issues...

1) Two Hard Crashes of Waze - Logs sent just before 5pm Eastern & at about 7pm Eastern
2) Tried to submit 4 map issues - 3 didn't go through
3) Driving in traffic, got an ETA Change alert that said "traffic clearing up" and moved my arrival -10 minutes, before that one even closed, got another one "traffic building up" and moved my arrival +10 minutes for a net change of ZERO.

I experienced similar issues on 5+ hour drive. Ran very warm (On stock car charger and seemed to be charge neutral [no net gain of battery]), anytime I tried to submit any reports where I added any text they would crash waze (three times in all, and then I gave up adding text). Logs sent.
Framingham, Natick, Sudbury and surrounding areas
supernovareborn

Postby millerok98 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:16 pm

Before the update, when I was idle such as waiting at a red light, I'd get event pop ups on the map letting me know of nearby events within my selected radius. After the update, I get no event pop ups when idle. I checked the setting and it shows the correct event radius that I want. Also, if I select the level of guidance to including street names, it only says about half of the words when giving directions. If I select directions only, it has no problems. I have done a clean install and it doesn't change these problems.
millerok98

Voice directions get cut off.

Postby millerok98 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:28 pm

I'm using the most recent Android waze app. When driving to a location that I've routed, the voice commands only tell me part of the instructions. It does the same thing when I try to use voice commands to report an event. I have the level of guidance selected as including street names. If I change the setting to directions only, then it's not an issue when getting basic driving directions.
millerok98

Postby markzabala » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:24 am

zCougar wrote:The biggest annoyance is that every audio prompt pauses media player. In previous release I lowered prompts volume and heard guidance when playing podcasts but now every beep and word from Waze pauses podcast. It is very annoying. Please restore the previous behavior or add a config option for that under sound settings menu.

I'd like to reiterate what ZCougar said. One of the main reasons I use Waze over Google Navigation is that I could listen to my music (mostly instrumental) and have the turn-by-turn directions talk over the music without any interruption. Now this new updates pauses the music and makes the drives much more annoying for me and my passengers. I know other people have asked for this interrupting behavior in the past but it should really be a setting where users can toggle whether to have voices interrupt other audio apps or have it talk over for users like me.

What would be ideal is if we could also have the turn-by-turn navigation panned to just the left or right speaker so only the driver's side would have the directions and passenger's can listen to music with minimal distraction.

Also, can it be possible to use our handset's own text-to-speech engines? I like using Ivona voice on Android.
markzabala

Postby paulkok_my » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:57 am

Can the "Later" button be included in the next release to report map issues?

This will benefit all who wants to put more info later when they reach their destination.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Area Manager: Shah Alam / Klang, Southern Region, Malaysia
Asus Zenfone 2 on Android 5.0

Join our FB group: Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah/Sarawak
or Google+ group: Waze in Malaysia on Google+
paulkok_my
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App