Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Forum rules
Welcome to the Belgium Community forum!

Ask us any question here. Or if you want to chat with us, join the Waze BeLux Slack:

https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeopedia-files/b/be/Slack-invitation-banner.png
(click the image to join the Slack)

1-way's changing spontaneous to 2-way

Post by teknoir
These segments in Hasselt changed spontaneous from 1-way to 2-way. I am sure i set them to 1-way and they have not been edited since. And there are others around as well.
Because the TR's are still so that you can only pass one-way through the road, there is no problem with routing, though. That's how you can spot these: the red arrows showing up.

This is not the first time i have noticed this behavior. I have had 2 segement of a 1-way road in Herk-de-Stad change several times (and the others of the road stayed unchanged). Since i have locked them they stayed 1-way, though.
I remenber reading that waze can change road direction based on drives (maybe a cyclist using waze going the wrong way), but i thought it needed a lot of drives the wrong way before it did that. I see the average speed on these is not 0 in both directions. But there are other 1-ways like this as well and they have not changed to 2-way.

There is some talk about it in this topic and also in here. In the first someone got a reply from support it is fixed, but obviously it is not.

I find it strange why this happens only on certain segments. If this is not fixed, i guess the best thing to do is to lock 1-way streets if you are sure of the direction and all fields are filled in?
teknoir

POSTER_ID:2736722

Send a message
Area Manager - Diest - Lummen - Hasselt - Nieuwerkerken

HTC One - Android 4.2 Jelly Bean

Post by deeggo
Recently, Waze discovered a bug that caused automatic changing from one way to two way on some rarely driven segments, although this was not supposed to happen anymore. It used to work like that in the early days.

This shouldn't happen anymore to segments that have been edited since the beginning of December.
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by maantje76
And remember it's important to use hard turns, not soft turns to protect the segments directivity
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by teknoir
I'll fix them and keep an eye on them for a while.
And they were hard turns for sure. I "hardened" the entire inner city of Hasselt :-)
teknoir
Send a message
Area Manager - Diest - Lummen - Hasselt - Nieuwerkerken

HTC One - Android 4.2 Jelly Bean