These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by CrackedLCD
CMSFL70 wrote: Thanks for the reply

I have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus running Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Build JRO03O totally stock.
I think the last time I saw a pop up while I was stopped was probably late November early December time frame?

If the developers are aware of this why can I find no mention of it under known issues? Or am I looking in the wrong place.

This WAS a fantastic app that I turned a number of people onto. I would be more than willing to pay for a non ad supported version if these issues were resolved.
You and I may have the same issue, then. I've got a Droid DNA running 4.1.1 stock, too. The last update I had was that they thought it was related to our OS, but then I know of others running 4.1.1 on Motorola handsets with no issue.

I think what's happening is the ad popups are what's causing a crash. There was a period between Christmas and around the middle of January where there were no popup ads on Waze and the crashing stopped. Then it started up again. I checked with a friend and sure enough, he'd seen a popup ad for AT&T that day.

I can't say it's 100% this issue, but it's a pretty strong correlation.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by darkneon
Waze eats up all resources on my N7000 , switching apps with Waze running is a 50/50 chance of locking the phone and when even more unlucky a forced reboot is required. If not apps will become terribly slow with occasional freezing and completely locking up the phone if you don't shutdown Waze fast.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N7000 met Tapatalk
darkneon
Send a message

Post by darkneon
darkneon wrote:Waze eats up all resources on my N7000 , switching apps with Waze running is a 50/50 chance of locking the phone and when even more unlucky a forced reboot is required. If not apps will become terribly slow with occasional freezing and completely locking up the phone if you don't shutdown Waze fast.

Sadly but I have to add another bug.

Sometimes when I want to report a hazard Waze thinks I don't have an internet connection but all others apps do. Phone reports hdspa speed(3g).
Restarting Waze is required to recognize the connection again.

darkneon
Send a message

Post by darkneon
One more thing to add to the list...

Waze had trouble staying connected to foursquare, every morning when I launch Waze it has to reconnect to foursquare. I just need to press connect, press log in. Press the X to close, then wait and Waze will connect.

I don't even have to enter my login and password! So Waze has all it needs to connect to foursquare but it doesn't!

darkneon
Send a message

Post by deeggo
I've had no problems upgrading from beta. Try a reinstall.
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
This bug is starting to grow old: Navigate to category. Choose show on map. Select one GS from the map. Hit elsewhere on the map and all gas stations are gone.
deeggo
Send a message
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
Maybe because you put depuis before the number. In Dutch we've only put something behind it and it works.
deeggo
Send a message

Post by deeggo
fotrik wrote:
deeggo wrote:Maybe because you put depuis before the number. In Dutch we've only put something behind it and it works.
No, we have also one word before and one behind for Czech and it works.
Ahw, I was just guessing. Do you have a screenshot how that looks?
deeggo
Send a message

Post by deeggo
Looking good indeed!
deeggo
Send a message

Post by deeggo
It has been answered many times, it's Japanese. If you don't have Japanese font on your device it turns to this.
deeggo
Send a message