These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by deeggo
Instigater wrote:What font I need to install?
Uhh, that would be Japanese. You can also try Creole, but I heard that only works when you tilt tour device 180 degrees.
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
Twister_UK wrote:When trying to submit a hazard report or similar, the Send and Later buttons are sufficiently close to the edge of the pop-over that it's easy to accidentally tap on the map rather than the button (especially on phones like the One X which seems to have a particularly sensitive screen), which then silently closes the report pop-over instead of queueing or sending it as expected.
This happened to me too. I had just typed an extensive description of a hazard and mishit the send button, so all was lost. :evil:
deeggo
Send a message
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
fotrik wrote:It's a month ago when the gas prices were launched in our country and most of the users which do not visit forums still don't know it. And if they know, they don't know that they can update them.
For now, you could consider some PR activities using FTW (feedthe.waze.hu). We placed some pins on busy freeway intersections for a couple of days to advertise it when it was launched over here.
deeggo
Send a message

Post by DelNica
Hi everybody, Im Joel and im from Nicaragua.
Waze has been an amazing app since i become "android"
but since the last update im having problems.

Im using a LG L3.
Since the phone does'nt have enough "internal memory" for run big app i had to root the phone and
install Link2SD app
All the app have been working very nice a little slow but ok, that is how i was using WAZE
but since the new update the app crush time to time.
I already try turning off "Link2SD" and "Super administrator powers"
even try to install waze in the internal memory
and of course move waze to the SD (the extra memory of the phone, not the external that i use with the LINK 2SD )
and nothing, i also was thinking about a problem with my internet service but try other gps and was ok.
So i think this is a problem with the LG L3 or a little bug over there.
DelNica
Send a message

Post by Den_in_USA
Even though I have selected "No auto zoom", at times my screen will zoom out just one level by itself without pressing anything.
Den_in_USA
Send a message
Software Test Designer, CareFusion
T-Mobile| Dell Streak 5| Android 2.2.2

Post by Den_in_USA
ejp1082 wrote:
markzabala wrote:
zCougar wrote: The biggest annoyance is that every audio prompt pauses media player. In previous release I lowered prompts volume and heard guidance when playing podcasts but now every beep and word from Waze pauses podcast. It is very annoying. Please restore the previous behavior or add a config option for that under sound settings menu.
I'd like to reiterate what ZCougar said. One of the main reasons I use Waze over Google Navigation is that I could listen to my music (mostly instrumental) and have the turn-by-turn directions talk over the music without any interruption. Now this new updates pauses the music and makes the drives much more annoying for me and my passengers. I know other people have asked for this interrupting behavior in the past but it should really be a setting where users can toggle whether to have voices interrupt other audio apps or have it talk over for users like me.

What would be ideal is if we could also have the turn-by-turn navigation panned to just the left or right speaker so only the driver's side would have the directions and passenger's can listen to music with minimal distraction.

Also, can it be possible to use our handset's own text-to-speech engines? I like using Ivona voice on Android.
I'd just like to throw my support behind this too. Trips with frequent turns make listening to music or podcasts pretty much impossible while using Waze due to the constant interruptions. Please please make this a setting we can toggle so I can go back to how it used to work.
I also do not want my Pandora Music cutting out every time the voice prompt is activated. Let it be a selectable choice.
Den_in_USA
Send a message

Post by Den_in_USA
Unfortunately, sending alerts by the driver is presently not practical nor safe. There should be icons such as "car on side of road" and "Police" on the bottom of the screen all of the time. After pressing the icon, two very large buttons should popup to select "left side of road" or "right side of road". A third press on a "send" button is not necessary.
Den_in_USA
Send a message

Post by Den_in_USA
Spazinbc wrote:I think I may likely be uninstalling Waze by the end of the year at this rate. I've been noticing a steady DECREASE in my area of travel of Waze users and reporting of incidents since Google maps has been made available for iPhone. The more heavy focus on social networking of this app is a huge drawback for many, including myself. Let's ditch the Facebook integration, can we?

From a GUI perspective and anonymity as well, I prefer version 3.2.2. The lack of users from my experience is pushing me to ditch Waze and to predominately use Google maps traffic, Apple Maps traffic (which is getting better) and even Beat the Traffic. I am also starting to use the Twitter feed updates for traffic issues by radio stations instead of Waze. I will never use Waze for navigation. It's simply too inaccurate for me. I'll stick with my Garmin and Google maps for that.
I agree with you . . . . . If there are few Wazers in your area, then Waze is not for you. However, In my area, which is Orange County in Southern California (USA) there are hundreds of Wazers on my route every morning. I get up-to-date traffic reports, hazards on the side of the road, presence of police and even weather reports. Waze was developed for high density traffic areas to save us dozens of hours each week in travel time to our work. By showing parking lot roads for businesses, I can turn off the main road to avoid traffic and go a "back way". In my area, traffic will only get worse. As far as inaccuracy, that is why I became a map editor, I can quickly correct any map problems in my area.
Den_in_USA
Send a message

Post by Den_in_USA
zCougar wrote:I'm still not happy with tablet UI. A lot of menus and texts are too small to be useful. For instance I almost can't read gas price numbers when my 7" Nexus is sitting on car dashboard.

http://www.version6.net/tmp/gas-price-tablet-ui.png

I resized it specially so that it looks smaller than pixel-by-pixel screenshot. There are a lot of room to use big clear numbers that driver could see without moving all attention to those small numbers.

It can be argued about info popup and menu sizes where some may prefer to see more map and some prefer bigger popup. But in this case there is nothing else on the screen to justify this room saving.

--
Cougar
I have a 5 inch Dell Streak. Like you, I cannot read the small print in the various windows. Presently, Waze is designed for your passenger who is holding his phone in his hand with its screen about 10 inches away. Drivers have their phones mounted on the Dashboard with its screen about 20 inches away. Waze needs to be for us drivers, not our passengers. For now I am a passive user, I can seldom safely send a report. I assume that most of the active users are in fact passengers.
Den_in_USA
Send a message

Post by Den_in_USA
I noticed that when I "munch" newly created roads, it shows the munching icon but the next day, the same roads are ready to munch again.
Den_in_USA
Send a message