Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by foxitrot
shawndoc wrote:This is what happens when you give an infant your smarthphone as a distraction on a long trip.
As the URs are anonymous, for such case it would be sufficient to see at least the client session's temporary ID. But, well, the anonymity would be gone.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
AndyPoms wrote:
Missing bridge overpass (user reported)
Problem: fhgfhjggbvfgfbghnhvvvffrfdfffccxxx ccccffffffrfdddddfaszxzzzxQqwwssqkgtb
and there were 4 identical reports right on top of each other.
The user wanted to express his frustration of not being able to reach another side of the road. As nobody came to help, he finally gave up.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
AndyPoms wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:
Missing bridge overpass (user reported)
Problem: fhgfhjggbvfgfbghnhvvvffrfdfffccxxx ccccffffffrfdddddfaszxzzzxQqwwssqkgtb
and there were 4 identical reports right on top of each other.
It was in a parking lot, over 3 blocks from the nearest overpass (and it was properly mapped too)
Ah, the "from-the-sofa" reporters? Then you can guess four different places around the country with a missing overpass :-)
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
sockslabs wrote:I've found the reporter often doesn't recollect where they were when they filed the report...
I do not wonder. Unfortunately the UR messages are not helpful at all with reminding s/o on the source of their reported error. If I get a response on my UR, I miss my comment, there is no mention of the start, target, not even the snippets of my driven and recommended routes the editor is able to see in the WME. If the map snippet contains just an unnamed white vertical bar of the street I've driven over, with white surrounding and no other visual features as a hint on the report position, when the client is still not capable of jumping to the corresponding position on its own map, then I'm often literally blind and don't know anymore where the hell I was and what did I actually report in this particular UR [emoji34]

Sent from a touch display, which took care of perfectly scrambling my thoughts.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
xteejx wrote:
top_gun_de wrote:For sure, it won't hurt to mention the timing. My response from staff was "it received generally positive feedback"
Love to know who those users were.
Maybe we've missed some direct PMs or emails to staff, or any app store comments, something in the way "...we especially love the omission of particular turn notifications..." ;)

Sent from a touch display, which took care of perfectly scrambling my thoughts.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Uh, oh. I'm being an ass to drivers. Again.
It's time to reconsider your rude attitude towards the polite reporters, Alan ;)
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
OT: As the (so far?) only forum thread (because the longest one?), the Jolly drivers is refusing to jump on my oldest unread message (using the red icon with ....&view=unread#unread appended, or refreshing the thread page afterwards). Since page 255 or so, if there are multiple pages with unread posts, it just jumps on the (same) most recently read page, although the next unread message is already on another, higher page. No matter what browser on which computer. (I have yet to check Tapatalk.)

Has anyone noticed something similar?
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
Do I reply "Repaired and filled hole. Will be sending you invoice"? :D

I mean.......just....really? I'm trying so hard to not reply to this for my lack of self control and what I might say. :twisted:
pothole.jpg
Pothole
(109.65 KiB) Downloaded 1018 times
Fredo-p
Send a message

Arizona Wiki | @Waze_Arizona Twitter
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+

Post by Fredo-p
qwaletee wrote:
Dev0 wrote:
Fredo-p wrote:Do I reply "Repaired and filled hole. Will be sending you invoice"? :D

I mean.......just....really? I'm trying so hard to not reply to this for my lack of self control and what I might say. :twisted:
pothole.jpg
I would do it haha. Perhaps people will learn to use the report function correctly then.
How about:

Thank you driver for reporting this pothole. After assessing the situation, we have closed this road, so that we can prevent danger to drivers, and make repairs, which are scheduled to complete by October 2015.
Then again, I'm originally from Jersey and this is a Jersey UR. So should I give it the real Jersey reply?
Hey Dumb@ss, it's a pothole. How bout juz fill the hole in yer head and get over it. When aint there potholes on the road. Don't bother us with cr@p like this again or you'll be navigated to the Hudson...If ya know what I means" Bada Bing!!!!!:twisted:
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
CBenson wrote:Maybe its time to get rid of the missing overpass report.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-76.67 ... 97&env=usa
I think its better to reword the missing bridge/overpass map issue. If you look at what it stands for the wording could confuse drivers on how to use it. I think this should be something along the lines of "Incorrect/improper intersection". Or just merge it with the incorrect junction.
Fredo-p
Send a message