Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

How much data?

Post by BsfCar
On an iPhone 3GS with iOS 4, how much data is Waze transmitting and receiving? I ask because I have the 250GB/mo data plan. I sure don't want to use more than my allotment just using Waze.
BsfCar

POSTER_ID:438278

Send a message

Post by hallmike
That would all depend on if you are using navigation or not, and if you are driving the same routes every day so the map tiles are already cached or not. Also how much you zoom in and out may affect the amount of tiles you'll need to download. There is no one answer - it's all in how you use it.

There is a setting in Waze under Data Usage to 'display network monitor'. This shows what you are downloading at any one time, but not a cumulative total. You can also turn on 'Use data compression'.
hallmike
Send a message
https://photos.imageevent.com/hallmike/ ... llmike.jpg ...when you care enough to Waze the very best