If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Out of Order Traffic Light

Post by Wielietjie
Can you please add a button to report Out of Order Traffic Lights. It can lead to a huge traffic problem and there is not any way where you can report it on Waze! :(
Wielietjie

POSTER_ID:4542009

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
This has been suggested before, however what most people don't realize is that Waze will already detect the abnormal traffic jam in that area & route around it (no matter the cause). *Please note that sometimes it is still faster to go through a jam than around one.

P.S. You posted this in the Map Update Request forum, not the Suggestions for the app forum, so I moved it for you.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by armedwithjello
I also support the traffic light marker. There was not a traffic jam, but the traffic lights were malfunctioning at a major intersection and it was risky to go through it.
armedwithjello
Send a message

Post by Gamersea
I understand the idea but I'm not in for it. In The Netherlands every night certain areas shutdown there traffic lights. Getting reports on that would mean I get redirected around whole blocks, which are essentially faster.

Just my 2 cents.
Gamersea
Send a message
[img]https:///ZPXMBb[/img]

Post by GeorgiaBreeze
Yup this occurs more often then I'd like to admit in our area. Good thought.
GeorgiaBreeze
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message
download/file.php?id=28867
~Breeze~
Robins Air Force Base

Galaxy Note3 Android v4.4.4

Post by nyskinut
I would like to also voice my support for a way to report non functioning traffic signals. There were numerous traffic lights out on my way to work this morning. Note, that there was NO traffic jam due to many people being off work and schools being closed today. I checked Waze, nobody reported traffic jams or other "hazards" at these intersections. This certainly would have been nice to know considering the snow and somewhat poor road conditions.
nyskinut
Send a message