Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

hearing waze directions over car speakers

Post by honeybee-12
I don't understand how I can't hear this app via my '98 villager's speakers. Yes, its an old car..I use a cassette adapter in the cassette player to plug in my phone or mp3 player. everything gets routed through the speakers that way...except for this app. I don't understand. Once the adapter is plugged into the headphone jack, it should automatically come over the speakers. (or so common sense tells me!) Checking the route through speakers option under sounds, does nothing. I only know when the app is talking when the music I'm playing on my phone goes mute. Then there's silence in the car. The music comes up again when the app isn't talking (even though I hear nothing), and this does not bother me in the least. Any ideas about how to hear navigation?
honeybee-12

POSTER_ID:13571024

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
For iOS: Make sure you adjust the Waze sound volume while Waze is playing a sound. You can also do this adjustment when the voice prompt input is activated by waving your hand or 3-finger tapping, whichever you have enabled. Adjusting the volume when Waze isn't playing a sound or waiting for voice input only adjusts the device volume, which is not the same thing.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
What kind of phone? Type & Version of OS? Which version of Waze?
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by Gamersea
If you're using Waze on a Android based phone you should deselect 'Play sound through speakers' the app means your phone speakers. Not sure why anybody would want that anyway. So if you deselect the option you should be okay...

Also check if your sound is all the way up when using Waze and you got your 3.5m jack plugged in, sound can change when you enter the plug in the phone.

If this does not work, I'm not sure what would be the problem. You could check if it works on some normal pc speakers, just start a navigation to somewhere and the app should say something like: Are your ready to go?
Gamersea
Send a message
[img]https:///ZPXMBb[/img]