Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Does "Other Lane" work while driving on Interstates?

Post by gfbane
When I make Police or car stopped reports for the other lane of an interstate, do those popup correctly for users driving the other way?

most regular 2 lanes roads show in the editor as one road that is two ways, however, on the interstate it is two separate roads. Do those reports make it over to the other side of the interstate?

https://www.waze.com/livemap/?lon=-88.0 ... yers=BTTTT
gfbane

POSTER_ID:6279792

Send a message

AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
gfbane wrote:This is probably key information. In the meantime I will plan on doing nothing for disabled vehicles on the other side, but at least with police notices, while they won't be told there is a one at least they have a chance of seeing it on the map up ahead.
You'll want to, safely, put the actual driving direction of the alert. No one will get the pop-up, but, as you wrote, it could potentially be helpful.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
wizbang_fl wrote:The location of the disabled vehicle or police still shows up on the map while navigating. I think it's useful no matter what side of the street. I can't begin to count the times traffic on my side of the street slows down because of a disabled vehicle on the other side looking (rubber-necking) at the incident.
You mean like this?
hazards_on_which_side.jpg
Still unknown whether this works on separated/divided roadways. (I kinda doubt it will, but 2-way segments may be working for all soon.)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gfbane
This is probably key information. In the meantime I will plan on doing nothing for disabled vehicles on the other side, but at least with police notices, while they won't be told there is a one at least they have a chance of seeing it on the map up ahead.
gfbane
Send a message

Post by jimmy_changa
If I see a cop on the other side of a freeway or other road which doesn't have a median, and the cop could easily drive across it or park in it if they wanted to, then I just report it like normal. Because who knows, he could decide to sit and watch both sides of the road.
jimmy_changa
Send a message

Post by Scorp42
Not currently. Waze has mentioned it as an issue they'd like to address, but no ETA

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Scorp42
Send a message
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.0.1 - nonjailbroken
Waze - 3.5.1.998

Post by wizbang_fl
The location of the disabled vehicle or police still shows up on the map while navigating. I think it's useful no matter what side of the street. I can't begin to count the times traffic on my side of the street slows down because of a disabled vehicle on the other side looking (rubber-necking) at the incident.
wizbang_fl
Send a message