Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

FEATURE REQUEST

Post by barbatrukko
Hi,
I use this program from yesterday and this morning I noticed a problem: I have found snow on a mountain road, I wanted to report it but I could not because there was no 3G signal.
I was forced to report it after 8 km.
The system could not create the report, with the right coordinates and wait for the return of 3G signal to send the message relative to 8 km before?
Best regards
barbatrukko

POSTER_ID:13639388

Send a message

Post by barbatrukko
txemt wrote:That's a cell provider issue.
why?
I mean that when data signal (wi-fi, 3G, etc) is not present, waze put "alert" in a basket... when internet is available again, waze send all alert present in basket and not already sent. Alert in basket are stored with the real gps coordinates.
Otherwise, if I wait for the signal is available again for alert creation, the alert have new, incorrect coordinates.

Best regards
barbatrukko
Send a message

Post by Gamersea
I believe there a multiple threads about this already. It is a good feature though! Although it should only send when there is not too much time in between. :)
Gamersea
Send a message
[img]https:///ZPXMBb[/img]

Post by gielpa
I agree with barbatrukko, I think it is worth caching the current position and then flush them to the server when the connection is available again according to a FIFO policy.
A buffer could be configured by the user in order to setup how much memory could be consumed on the phone (corresponding to the max recording time available when the connection is offline).

Despite its free availability I think that the main reason why Waze is so popular resides on its plus features. Most probably this is a feature that has not yet been provided by any other (social) navigator client. I would strongly suggest to discuss and agree on this idea.

G.
gielpa
Send a message

Post by mssusa
No it is not a provider issue. Waze should accept my report and send it when there's a signal. I understand that some reports are useless after sometime, but Waze should at least try for 5 minutes. Currently it won't even take your report if there is no cell coverage. Even worse, there is coverage and other apps like Whatsapp work but for some reason Waze is having issues with the servers.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
txemt wrote:2 things:

First, the lack of 3G is your cell provider's issue as well as your location to the cell towers.

Second, when reporting something, you can hit LATER and it saves the report, but I can't remember off the top of my head how to retrieve it.
If only this picture could speak, you'd hear my annoying Whatsapp alerts. I've given up on reporting mobile cams and hazards in this freeway.
uploadfromtaptalk1359806882737.jpg
(45.89 KiB) Downloaded 1971 times
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by txemt
That's a cell provider issue.
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.

Post by txemt
2 things:

First, the lack of 3G is your cell provider's issue as well as your location to the cell towers.

Second, when reporting something, you can hit LATER and it saves the report, but I can't remember off the top of my head how to retrieve it.
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.

Post by zero9398
I live in Brazil, and here there are a lot of shadows regarding the data network availability, and, because of this, some reports are simply impossible to be made, and, because of this, I need to face a lot of traffic not reported! So, please, create this feature as soon as possible. I suggest that "offline" reports don´t score, just to keep the feature just for reporting.
zero9398
Send a message