Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by robin1979
New version available in the app store:

- New share my drive and share location interface
- Pick up from navigate screen
- Gas search in main menu
- Recent places shown in main navigate screen
- Preloads route when connected to WiFi
- New call and "beep" features for Facebook friends
- New alerts show friends online, who's connected, and new friend driving to your destination
- Bugs, stability and design fixes
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by robin1979
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:BUG: Gas station search on the Main Menu shows a $ symbol, which is improper for all non-$$ countries in the world, which is most of them. Please use the same icon that is used in the Report menu. (Previously reported in beta testing.)
Well, besides the sign for the dollar, the symbol is used worldwide for a symbol of capitalism, money, greed, Americanisation etc... I don't think it's out of place at all.
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by robin1979
jasonh300 wrote:When Waze has been closed using the "Switch Off" function, it consumes about 4% battery per hour. I tested this by double-clicking the home button and killing every other app.

After shutting down Waze using the double-click, battery consumption was less than 1% per hour.
There is no difference in 'Switch off' or killing it from the task bar. Both functions issue use the same system API to shut down the Waze process. The difference in battery use comes from something else, definitely not from Waze, because with both methods there are no longer any Waze processes running.
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by Scorp42
The changeling didn't mention appradio fixes, even though there were a few. Due to the number of posts about it, that may be worth mentioning.

Two issues with 3.5.2:

#1) appradio keyboard still non-functional

#2) cant scroll through my Waze, or setting in appradio mode.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Scorp42
Send a message
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.0.1 - nonjailbroken
Waze - 3.5.1.998

Post by sillyblue9
MikeMcCollister wrote:I just installed Waze and created an account. I setup three favorites, which it found just fine. However, when I try to navigate to a favorite, I get the following error:

Search requires internet connection. Please make sure you are connected.

I have been getting the same error since the 3.5 update. I was working with perlin on the issues and sent some logs. I was hoping the 3.5.2 update would fix this issue.

@perlin, do you have any updates on this error?

Thanks!!
sillyblue9
Send a message

Post by SkodaRunner
I cannot connect on Dashboard. Dashboard always show "Not connected", but in Waze-Client I can connect. If I click connect Dashboard ask for username and password, then show "Not connected" again.

Version 3.5.2 still show "still adding friends"
SkodaRunner
Send a message

Post by SkodaRunner
Pick_Up-/ShareRoute-Function don´t reconnect. If you drive in a tunnel, the connection ist lost and will not be reconnected, do the other person see the "Cancelled-Screen" the rest of my route.
Is there any possibility to automaticly reconnect?

An other thing is that sometimes I see the red text "Connection lost"(or something like that), but the other smartphone still see my shared route and the phone still shows reception. If route share still work I still have receiption,haven`t I? So why I have that text?
SkodaRunner
Send a message

Post by Trakr
Having the Gas Icon is nice on the front page but, the distance it shows stations is worthless. The distance is only about 2.5 miles. I can take 2 different routes going to a destination with the gas prices varying by as much as 10 cents/gallon between the routes. Now I can't even see those stations as they are 5 miles or more away and the destination being about 25 miles away. I would like to know which route to take to get the cheapest gas but can't without loading a route and then selecting that route, looking at the prices, then selecting all routes and selecting the other route and then looking at the prices.

It is nice that it does show stations for a complete route of at least 100 miles (tested) so why can't it show stations around my current location with a larger radius??

Thanks
Trakr
Send a message
Tampa, FL area, AM Level 4

Post by wroadd
jakudo wrote:Hi,
I've just updated the waze client on my iPhone 4 (latest iOS) and the waze can't connect correctly to Facebook. It's still showing me the "Still adding friends" and It doesn't show any of them. Also it sometimes ask to connect to facebook again. Any idea? I've already tried to delete and install waze again, however, didn't help...

EDIT: From now, it shows that I have no Facebook friends to waze... It's nonsense, I have about 10 fb friends who use waze (and who appeared on my waze till today's update)
Try to disconnect and connect on the web surface (under dashboard)

Tapatalk 2-vel küldve az én GT-P1000-ről
wroadd
Send a message
Waze Global Champ, (Re)tired
Hardware: Oukitel U22 & iPhone 7
Car: Soca Octavia : red