Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Add-Ons V0.45 ==> Features moved in WME Toolbox

Post by gdu1971
Hi All,
I've started a month ago to re-write the famous WME Extended Tools plugin since it was broken with the last releases of WME Editor.
There is no major changes in term of functionalities with the previous one but major ergonomic redesign, performances and resources optimizations.
Since it is a re-write from scratch, don't expect to have a mature and bug free script.
For developpers, the script is also shipped with an API which allow you to create your owns buttons and menus in the toolbar.
As you might know, there is an editor which allow you to modify only parts of addresses without modifying the other parts. This editor allow to edit also parts of streetnames according to the current French conventions (a street ID concatenated with a '-' and a streetName). This is a simple regular expression which do the job and if you have such conventions, I can implement it accordingly.
For any bugs or feauture requests, please fill the form in the following link:
http://code.google.com/p/wme-addons/issues/list
WME Add-Ons V0.41:
Minor release :
- Fix error on save with unnamed segment
- Better management of navigator zoom levels (still need to refresh page after zooming)
WME-Addons V0.42
- Save snap dist parameter in user settings
- StreetId regexp improvment for France
- Path for new beta-editors in manifest (NA and INTL)
- Improved layout for segment list options

03/23/2013 Minor release :
WME-Addons V0.43
- Fixed #8 : Locked field in segment list repost "unknow' instead of "false"
- Fixed #10 : Only allow modification of items you are allowed to edit
- Fixed #13 : Adapt to new WME Beta editor
- Cleanup code

Links are the same, just click for update
Chrome : http://wme-addons.googlecode.com/svn/br ... addons.crx
Firefox : http://wme-addons.googlecode.com/svn/br ... it.user.js
Thank to all those who test and help me to provide you this first release.
Enjoy and don't hesitate to give me feedback or improvment suggestions,
Gilles
gdu1971
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ

POSTER_ID:4953549

Send a message
Last edited by gdu1971 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post by fvwazing
Chances are 100 to 1 that someone will come along and remove the TR, destroying that brittle arrangement. Insert a stretch of parking lot road instead and name it "Residential access only" (so the next editor has a clue at least).
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
davipt wrote:
fvwazing wrote:Chances are 100 to 1 that someone will come along and remove the TR, destroying that brittle arrangement. Insert a stretch of parking lot road instead and name it "Residential access only" (so the next editor has a clue at least).
If it's residential access only shouldn't it be a private segment? Or is it a public mostly building parking street that goes parallel to a main street and waze tends to route through it because probably the main street has more junctions?
Maybe it should be called "Closed for guests"?
The way I understood the problem is that a certain area has limited access - so every entry should be private road. Of these roads some are more restricted than others - they are closed for guests, but open to residents. PLR would stop creating a route through those gate but suppress MapErrors from happening. Wasn't that what the OP wanted?
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
mssusa wrote:
foxitrot wrote:
gdu1971 wrote:For example, a script for level 5 users which is able to create a node for each intersection of selected segments (thx enhket for the idea). Ideal for new cities, just draw lines and click "node maker" to create all nodes.
Sadly reminds me on many infamous points' picking grids, occasionally found here-and-there :sad:
So true :sad:
Yup. In all my edits I never missed anything like that.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
Corruption... in what sense?
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by gdu1971
Hello,
Thanks for your feedback.
you're right , there is a problem sometimes with the zoom factor of the navigator.
I know where is the problem, I'll try to fix it.
gdu1971
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by gdu1971
davipt wrote:Any idea why this script, as well as the latest version of the original ext-tools, fails since the new editor on the use case I need the most:
- create a new landmark
- script->select all in landmark
- script->properties
- script->change city name
- save

always fails to save :(

I urgently need to do some mass cityname changes now that city areas are being updated again... :|
Hello,
Normally the script works even for unnamed segments.
Just for test:
1) create some new segments and let them "red"
2) select them and script->properties
3) change city name only
4) save
=> works (for me)
IMO, It is more probably the payload (number of changes to send to the server) which lead in error.
Some users, during the test phase, reported me same problems and after another try having the correct behavior without any change.
I also have same problems sometimes with JNF and after 2 or 3 retries, it works...
Nevertheless, I will perform again some tests.
gdu1971
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by gdu1971
gdu1971 wrote:I've just tested a simpler version. Picked two segments, one with name one without. Properties->set name->save failed.
And does this test works with the native editor in the same session when the error occurs with the script?
gdu1971
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by gdu1971
gdu1971 wrote:you're right , there is a problem sometimes with the zoom factor of the navigator.
I know where is the problem, I'll try to fix it.
I've got a test release for firefox which should fix zoom problems.
If someone who have the problem accept to test it, I'll give you a link (send PM)
gdu1971
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by gdu1971
jwkilgore wrote:Would it be possible to modify the script such that the STATE is editable from the "Properties" menu? I thought this would be an easy way to quickly track down and eliminate THIS PROBLEM (incorrect state names on minor unnamed private roads), but I have to zoom in so far to pick the private roads it's taking forever and I'm pretty sure I'm missing some. If I could create a temporary large landmark, select all in it, and change all states to the correct state, this would greatly speed up the task.

For what it's worth, I'm not just trying for quick points here. There are lots of these mis-categorized roads, but they are miles and miles apart. I've yet to change more than a dozen or so at a time.
Yes it is quite easy to do but,
is it not better to have a drop down box to select one of the available existing state in order to not create wrong state names and so ?
I think this might be applicable also for CityNames.
It's quite easy to create a new city or state through the standard editor
gdu1971
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message