Community reorganization

Moderator: Unholy

Community reorganization

Postby Bigbear3764 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:12 pm

I see your point and agree. But I think that's what breaking the US into regions is suppose to do. Instead of 50K users trying to tell Waze of a problem, we report to a region manager who is in contact with one person from waze. A chain of command.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image Image
SM Illinois ILL Functional Class Map
CM North America
ILL Wiki
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: Community reorganization

Postby asterix06 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:53 am

davipt wrote:
sk2380 wrote:Shirli,
I think this policy will restrict the new users using the forums as they will have to depend on local and professional champs to get any type of advice or make a point of suggestions. As in India there are lot many users are not active on the forums, after going through this policy they will/might restrict themselves of using forums. For forum think it should be very open and transparent base of communication and platform for exchanging the ideas. Lets keep Waze as a pure form of economical and safe driving experience.

Where have you read this? I read clearly that not much will change, and in particular the usage of the forums for new users should even improve as they can now get answers not only from other "more senior" users and (sometimes) waze or champs themselves as always, but from people that now may get access to further and more reliable information. For me it's just delegation from the small number of official waze dedicated to each country to a larger set of trusted power users. It can only get better!

+1
Iphone6 Waze 4.10
Coordinator Waze Italy
Country Administrator Italy, CM China , CM Africa, CM Iran, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina,
Forum Admin
asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby asterix06 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:15 pm

Well done, Shirli !
Iphone6 Waze 4.10
Coordinator Waze Italy
Country Administrator Italy, CM China , CM Africa, CM Iran, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina,
Forum Admin
asterix06
Coordinators
Coordinators

Re: Re: Community reorganization

Postby aigarslv » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:28 am

your also stating that you would help an average of 1 person per working day.

I never said that. We are discussing criteria to become expert, not how many people expert will be willing to help :)

lets face it... a post of "+1" PROBABLY SHOULDNT qualify.
I totally agree.

My hope is that Waze staff will evaluate each Country separately as each Country presents unique situation, challenges and number of members. Also in this day and age I think it would take just a few minutes chatting/talking to every applicant to see if they are fit :)

Cheers and have a great weekend!
Latvian translation coordinator. Localization, Beta editor, Points, Client and Android expert. Content Creator on https://www.facebook.com/Waze
aigarslv
Experts
Experts

Postby aigarslv » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:20 pm

jasonh300 wrote:
aigarslv wrote:I think that 300 forum posts is a bit big number. Especially if you are applying as Android or iPhone expert!

Being heavily active in the forums needs to be a condition for being any type of expert. If you're not known to the community, and accessible via the forums, you won't be able to be an effective expert.

I am known to community ( I edit map, drive a lot, report as much as I can) and I help users as much as I can (I am available to community via PM and I also check forums when I have time). However for Latvia 300 posts is a big number and I do not want to SPAM post for numbers... Or spend my whole life in front of monitor...
Guess what - if I post 1 reply/post per working day - that is makes ONLY 260 posts in one YEAR. And of course PM's don't count.
Latvian translation coordinator. Localization, Beta editor, Points, Client and Android expert. Content Creator on https://www.facebook.com/Waze
aigarslv
Experts
Experts

Postby aigarslv » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:44 pm

I think that 300 forum posts is a bit big number. Especially if you are applying as Android or iPhone expert! Also I think that language proficiency is important: for example in Latvia people talk in Latvian and Russian.

Also I think that It would be good for Android experts or iPhone experts to be on beta team for their respective platform.
aigarslv
Experts
Experts

Previous

Return to Website, Community, General