Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Froggypwns
McCracken808 wrote:
Type: General error
Description: telling me to go off highway and come right back a bit later
Reported on: Sep-30
Isn't this the reason we use Waze? Perhaps to avoid traffic?
I had Waze do that to me a few times, it would tell me to take an exit, then immediately hop right back on, no routing down side streets or anything to avoid traffic. Over the weekend at a complex intersection where two highways meet, it told me to exit to highway, then wanted me to follow the ramps back onto the highway I came from. It should be solved now.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by funkiestj
shawndoc wrote:This is what happens when you give an infant your smarthphone as a distraction on a long trip.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5947/uhbt.jpg
(n00b here). I found 3 bogus user reported errors on my regular commute. All 3 were reported the same day (Sept 30). After looking at the FAQ and examining the map around each I marked each as solved.

I'm guessing that other folks who are new to waze often report map errors by accident as they fumble around with an unfamiliar UI.

EDIT: with regard to user reported map issue, what would you say the 'real issues' to 'bogus issues' ratio is (i.e. signal to noise)?
funkiestj
Send a message
iPhone 4s, iOS 7, AT&T

Post by funkiestj
flee337 wrote:
funkiestj wrote:
EDIT: with regard to user reported map issue, what would you say the 'real issues' to 'bogus issues' ratio is (i.e. signal to noise)?
My experience - which is less than most on here, but I think still valuable ;) - has been about 10:1. I can't say that the 10 are completely bogus, but they at least don't contain enough info to solve. I see a lot on interstates and assume that something is showing up on the client that the user doesn't like (eg: instruction to take wrong exit , but the exit falls beyond the UR tracking range, etc).
OK. That jives with my impression. I realize that map issues may get reported after the fact so I have been looking upstream.

It seems like having a "this map issue is bogus or too vague to use" reporting option would be useful so that contributors could be assigned reliability scores (while remaining anonymous).

TANGENT: What sort of reputation / feedback is in place for map issue reporters and map editors?

TANGENT2: I was carpooling on my morning commute. Waze notified me (us) of a major accident and we probably saved 30-40 minutes by switching to a mountain back road to get around it. TOUCHDOWN WAZE!!!!
funkiestj
Send a message
iPhone 4s, iOS 7, AT&T

Post by fvwazing
jshambl wrote:Type: General error
Description: vehicle turned sideways

Not sure how (s)he expects Waze to help with this. :lol:
By switching the display from portrait to landscape?
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
"Not there"? What version of the client makes that possible? NOT the current iPhone-version.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
DonJ2 wrote:Type: General error
Description: SCORE HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED FOR OVER A WEEK! WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
[X] Not a problem
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
(sans mots)
fvwazing
Send a message
Attachments
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
Who gave that a thumbs up?
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
jasonh300 wrote:
fvwazing wrote:Who gave that a thumbs up?
I did.
As the button was greyed and the count was 1, it could only be you! (Waze-forensics)
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
That matrixsign reminds me of another one that was apparently hacked a while ago (reverting the message in the process)http://img.tapatalk.com/541c5095-fd1c-8522.jpg
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1