Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by robin1979
jdensmor wrote:If this is an issue with Waze it'd been fixed already is my guess.
It is an issue with Waze, and has been fixed in the 3.6 beta.
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by Scorp42
purringpumas wrote:my iphone 5 no longer connects to my app radio with waze. what's going on? has support been dropped for the app radio?

using iphone 5 to connect to pioneer 940bt with apple 30 pin to lightning adapter
Technically, this may not be a Waze issue. Pioneer doesn't support the iphone 5 yet. They have gone so far as to post a compatibility matrix and a known issues list. Ill find it and add it to the next post.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Scorp42
Send a message
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.0.1 - nonjailbroken
Waze - 3.5.1.998

Post by Scorp42
Looks like they've updated the page since I last saw it.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... patibility

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Scorp42
Send a message
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
Waze - 3.5.1.998

Post by Scorp42
As of todays update, the keyboard and scrolling issues should be fixed.

As a beta tester, I'm not really sure what I'm allowed to say about upcoming changes in the client.. so I haven't posted here a lot. But let me take a moment and help squelch a few concerns:

Waze appears to be taking appradio support pretty seriously. I just joined the iOS beta team, and within days of my posting about the keyboard issues, or the scrolling issues.. it was fixed and available in the betas.

They don't seem to say too much here, and.. as I said.. I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say.. but please know they are working on it. And they do take our feedback seriously.

If you guys find any "appradio" issues in this new version (3.6) please let me know so I I can get it tested for myself, and get a proper bug report written for the Waze team.

Happy driving!
Scorp42
Send a message
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
Waze - 3.5.1.998

Post by Scorp42
babaoriley7 wrote:I am using waze (3.6.0.0) via Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS. I cannot input an addresses through the HU. iPhone 4s, IOS 6.1.3.

After starting AppRadio, opening waze and selecting navigate, I first get a message stating the driver cannot input information - even if I'm not moving. Then I select passenger. The keyboard is visible, but does not function.
This was an issue in previous versions. should have been corrected in 3.6.0.0. I haven't heard of anyone else having the issue since upgrading.

Can you try deleting the app, and reinstalling?

I have an iphone 4, 3.6.0.0, ios 6.1.3, and an AVH-p8400bh and address input works.

Post back if re-installing doesn't help?
Scorp42
Send a message
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
Waze - 3.5.1.998

Post by Scorp42
afoulger wrote:I'm using the latest version of app radio, waze, and 6.1.2 on an iPhone 4. I'm using the avH-X5500BHS pioneer unit. I've noticed that I can type using the keyboard but the unit doesn't have the ability to scroll. Is this an issue with that specific Pioneer unit or could it be Waze?
I went through the entire app. I created a bug report for each screen that scrolling didn't work. As of now, all of those bugs are marked as fixed in the next beta.

As soon as I get the beta, I will confirm. But it sounds like the next release will make a few appradio guys happy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Scorp42
Send a message
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
Waze - 3.5.1.998

Post by sgoodwin1
the waze onscreen keyboard does not work on the radio or iphone 4s when connected to appradio it wont allow you to input to navigate please fix. also can we get some ipod controls?
sgoodwin1
Send a message

Post by stephenstrath
I am having the exact same issue with inputing text. The keyboard on the deck or on my phone wont input text. Love the app guys but would love it even better if I could use it with my App Radio :P
stephenstrath
Send a message

Post by stephenstrath
I really hope this issue can be resolved. I love waze and thats why I bought the Pioneer, so I could use it as my Navigation. But I am really bummed out the keyboard wont input
stephenstrath
Send a message

Post by stephenstrath
Really hope this gets resolved ASAP. I mean you buy a product that says it works with waze.. and at the moment waze in the car is useless to me. Had to start using a different Navigation app, I hope the developers fix the keyboard issue so I can start using waze again.
stephenstrath
Send a message