Speed Cams around Arundel Mills

Post by Uye47
Can someone edit the map for the speed cams in both directions on Arundel Mills blvd by Costco? I don't know if there were once speed cams at that location, but now the only things there are the traffic cams mounted on the signal lights.
Uye47

POSTER_ID:4052705

Send a message

Post by acsxfan
someone is putting these cameras back again on the map. They aren't there. The only cameras are the little monitoring things on top of the poles to detect traffic
acsxfan
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Are you saying there are no red light cameras on Arundel Mills Blvd by Costco? We've got some level 5 edits on some those today, maybe they're being corrected.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
Sounds right to me. My question was actually to clarify that you are using "speed cameras" generically to include "red light cameras" as those have the speed set to zero and thus function as red light cameras. I PMd Attheyard. If that doesn't work, we can request a level 5 to delete them in the update request subforum.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
I'm not seeing any cameras on the map at Arundel Mills. Maybe they have been deleted and are waiting for a tile update.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Wow, the cameras we must be adding and deleting cameras through there at a quite the pace. As far as I can see there is no approved or unapproved camera on southbound 95 in WME.

I went to the spot on my phone and no cameras showed. So I refreshed my data and up they popped. So they are new but seem to already be gone from WME. I take it there are frequently "mobile" cameras in the area.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by nzahn1
More cameras popped up on I-95 today:
Cameras.jpg
Client View
(45.76 KiB) Downloaded 428 times
But there are no approved cameras in the WME; maybe someone else attacked them already?
nzahn1  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

US Global Champ | MAR Coordinator | iOS Beta | WME Beta | Localizer
WME Profile | E-mail | MAR Forum | MAR Wiki | MD Twitter

Post by nzahn1
CBenson wrote:Wow, the cameras we must be adding and deleting cameras through there at a quite the pace. As far as I can see there is no approved or unapproved camera on southbound 95 in WME.

I went to the spot on my phone and no cameras showed. So I refreshed my data and up they popped. So they are new but seem to already be gone from WME. I take it there are frequently "mobile" cameras in the area.
Yup. They have a speed truck right there almost every morning.
nzahn1  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

US Global Champ | MAR Coordinator | iOS Beta | WME Beta | Localizer
WME Profile | E-mail | MAR Forum | MAR Wiki | MD Twitter

Post by theprez98
ruyehara47 wrote:Yes there are no speed cams on either side of the road in that area by costco. I don't know why the level 5 user edited it. The only cameras that are there are the traffic monitoring cameras on top of the signal lights. If you verify the street view in google maps (updated November 2012), there are no speed cameras.
Having recently driven this intersection, I can confirm that this is correct.
theprez98
Send a message

Post by trooster10
I drove through there tonight, and there are no actual red light cameras on Arundel Mills Blvd. Cameras that are mounted on the same mast arm as the signals are not for red light/speed enforcement. The app still thinks there is a red light camera at the Arundel Mills Blvd/Cir intersection - let's see if it disappears with a tile update.
trooster10
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Thomas R. - Level 5 Editor
State Manager - Maryland