These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by foxitrot
While being navigated, staying on a red light and looking at some user or report popup far away, after some timeout the client panned the map to my location. Suddenly my car symbol, GPS arrow, current location crosshair circle and zoom buttons disappeared and where not available, neither after a route recalculation a few seconds later. (I think that other wazers and reports were not visible as well, but am not sure anymore.)
Some 4 minutes later, after reaching a via/stop point, the missing features appeared.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
Maybe a small unobtrusive pin (like these which pop up during a category search) popping up when approaching any GS vicinity would be sufficient. With "vicinity" I mean the same distance, which is necessary to update gas prices. Upon a click (tap), open the GS properties dialog, even on the Info tab...
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
bikr wrote:Feature Request: Tapping the "Thanks" button should close the report window.

Why? I admit it could be convenient...
bikr wrote: If I'm tapping the "Thanks" button, it means I read the report. Why would I still want to see it? If I don't want to thank, that's when I'd actually tap the close ("X") button in the upper right corner.
I still may want to comment on it after thanking. If it was an automatic popup from far away along my route, I may be not able to find it on the map anymore.

After thanking, the auto-closure countdown could be lowered to, say, 5 seconds.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Surely server. (I'm getting the same, already since yesterday?)
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
zCougar wrote:I'm not sure is it a client or server problem but something is wrong here. This part of freeway is in the city where speed limit is 50km/h. Client reported a traffic jam because speed was "only" 130km/h :-)
I'm sure the server is the culprit. There is a long road (it is a Minor HW, but that does not matter) in the middle of my home city, speed limit 50 km/h, driven speed maybe 50-60 km/h. We regularly see there, for years long, yellow traffic jams around 55-65 km/h (during an absolutely free traffic flow) and I've already posted screenshots with yellow traffic jams up to 98 km/h from places there, where it is not even possible to achieve such high average speed.

We were already seriously thinking of drawing its segments from scratch :(
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by hmarian
Update went well to me.
The new version didn't remember my unit settings (changed to the default in Miles).
Other than that, I have been using the new version on a couple of drives today and it worked well.

For future version could be good if you add the ability of users to manipulate the order of the Favorites. Home and Work are showing on top, but new records are pushed to the bottom of the list and this isn't necessarily the order users may wish to have them.

Cheers,
Hagay.
hmarian
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Device: Samsung Galaxy S20+
Waze Version: 4.90.90.901
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Greater Toronto Area, Buffalo (NY), Binyamina (Israel)
Android/WME Beta Tester
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Editing Manual | Editing Best Practice | @Waze_Canada

Post by hollow000
After updating to version 3.5.3, Waze crashes almost immediately upon startup. Has anyone experienced this? I'm running it on Android 2.2 Froyo.
hollow000
Send a message

Post by Instigater
Stability is an issue, now sometimes it FCs while searching. Didn't happen on beta releases.
Instigater
Send a message
Community Coordinator: Latvia
LV community: Operācija "Meži" - saraujam!
Other communities: Take the challenge! Go green! Improve map of your country and show us the progress!

Post by Instigater
There is a garbage on "About" window still present from the latest betas to this public release.
Instigater
Send a message
Other communities: Take the challenge! Go green! Improve map of your country and show us the progress!

Post by Instigater
What font I need to install?
Instigater
Send a message