Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by gdu1971
Hi,
Minor release WME Add-Ons V0.41:
- Fix error on save with unnamed segment
- Better management of navigator zoom levels (still need to refresh page after zooming)
Links are the same, just click for update
gdu1971
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by gdu1971
The script already translate all cities in a list with the "autocomplete" feature.
Put it in a select should not be so difficult.
Unless it doesn't work on your countries?
Take a look at the code you will see how to get the list in a clean array in one line of code...
As my country does not have states, I didn't check the consequences of doing such action for now
gdu1971
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by gdu1971
Hello,
minor update:
WME-Addons V0.42
- Save snap dist parameter in user settings
- StreetId regexp improvment for France
- Path for new beta-editors in manifest (NA and INTL)
- Improved layout for segment list options
Submit a bug or request an improvment:
https://code.google.com/p/wme-addons/issues/list
Download urls remain the same (first post of this thread)
gdu1971
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by gdu1971
cybernissart wrote:Hi Gilles,

Can you detail the changes done by the Clean Roundabout feature ?
It looks like every RP need a clean action, as it seems to modify them.
Is it removing street name and similar ? Changing some soft turn ?

As per my Suggestion posted on SVN page, I asked if possible to enable a 'Suppress Extra Jonctions' on roundabout as well, as some are having extra nodes, or we introduce lots when changing RP from Y mode to straight street node.
As manipulation of Roundabout is very sensitive, it would greatly help to clean junctions as well to improve them.
Hello,
The clean roundabout algorithm is quite simple for now:
- detect if selected segment is part of a roundabout else exit
- detect all parts of the roundabout
- for each node of the roundabout, check segments which are not part of it and get cityID road Type and level
- Get the first cityID, highest street type and level found on those segments
- apply CityID if found, highest street type and highest level +1 on all roundabout segments (level +1 is just a cosmetic issue for the client and editor)
improvments planned are :
- put algorithm in a loop when more than one roundabout is selected
- adapt algorithm with the wiki rules http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Roundabout to choose the right higher road type
gdu1971
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by gdu1971
foxitrot wrote: Could the level bump be the reason? Is the level+1 applied even if all segments' levels are the same?
Probably yes
gdu1971
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by gdu1971
davipt wrote: so something has changed on WME and the script can't gather the coordinates from the internal data, only when they aren't already present on the location bar. This used to work before as far as I can remember, so it has to be a change on WME.
Hi Guys,
this is normally fixed in V0.42 release.
I forgot to mention it in the changelog :?
Let me know.
gdu1971
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by gdu1971
miole67 wrote:After the release of the latest WME beta (4 feb.) the script does not work.
Hi,
It's a minor issue, I'm working on it...
gdu1971
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by gdu1971
iainhouse wrote:
harling wrote: I assume you mean to re-use the same tab that was used for the previous "Open in...", and not the same tab as WME!
That is what I meant. :) If others would find the change inconvenient, I certainly wouldn't mind being turned down.

Alternatively, "re-use tab" could be a customisable option, but I understand that that would not be as simple: storage for the option, UI to set/change it, code to accommodate all that. I'd still like that option, but I won't shed any tears if gdu1971 has more important things to do! ;)
Hello,
For now, I'm trying (when I have time) to fix several things reported to the bug tracker and to build a new stable minor release.
There is also some independent plugins to WME Add-Ons under construction (yes it is possible).
For example, a script for level 5 users which is able to create a node for each intersection of selected segments (thx enhket for the idea). Ideal for new cities, just draw lines and click "node maker" to create all nodes.
The tabs management improvment you are requesting will probably lead into specific coding for client (ff or chrome) and I want to avoid it if possible...
I'll check and let you informed but sure not in the top priorities of the moment , sorry...
BTW, your contribution is welcome, if you can, don't hesitate to submit some piece of code and why not, take the lead of this project...
regards,
Gilles
gdu1971
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by gdu1971
mssusa wrote:
foxitrot wrote:
gdu1971 wrote:For example, a script for level 5 users which is able to create a node for each intersection of selected segments (thx enhket for the idea). Ideal for new cities, just draw lines and click "node maker" to create all nodes.
Sadly reminds me on many infamous points' picking grids, occasionally found here-and-there :sad:
So true :sad:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Hi,
be confident, not possible in the current implementation I made.
gdu1971
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by gdu1971
jondrush wrote:Are the columns in the segment list supposed to be sortable? Mine won't sort when I click on them. This is in FF 10.
Hello,
yes they are sortable by clicking on the column title...
gdu1971
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message