Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Forum for requesting any unlocks, closures or fixes by a higher rank editor.
Please read "Posting Guidelines" before submitting your request.

Reduce unlock requests?

Post by CTCNetwork
Hi,

I suspect that when L5 editors make some small changes to a road and then save it, the lock status remains.
Thus a road that may not ordinarily be L5 locked will get locked.
Would it be worth while L5 editors/CM's actually checking whether a lock is in place (and removing it) before saving?
This may reduce the requirement for unlock requests.

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork

POSTER_ID:16978106

Send a message

Post by CTCNetwork
HI,

Yes, that thought had crossed my mind. But then unrelated edits (a locked road connected to some other road that needs editing) also affect it's editability.

So where does the line get drawn?

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
The thing is, if you have multiple segments selected, even if only one is not locked WME does not show the selection as locked.

Ideally, for partial lock of a selection it should show as grey (or something similar) ... but I'm sure Waze have a gazillion things to fix first.
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
iPhone 12 Pro Max • iOS 15.x • Waze 4.x
Level 6 Editor • iOS Beta Leader • Waze Global Champ (Retired)

Post by dknight212
I try sometimes but if a level 3 locks something I'd be wrong to unlock it entirely right?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
I don't know. But I'd love to be able to lock at a lower level.

dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Twister_UK wrote:
Dave2084 wrote:The thing is, if you have multiple segments selected, even if only one is not locked WME does not show the selection as locked.

Ideally, for partial lock of a selection it should show as grey (or something similar) ... but I'm sure Waze have a gazillion things to fix first.
Not 100% clear on what you mean here - if I select one or more locked segments, regardless of whether I also have any unlocked segments in the selection, I get the "You cannot edit these segments..." message in the General tab, so although all the segment highlights are shown in blue, WME does still provide indication that the selection can't be edited.

If you'd like to see the actual highlights change colour to indicate a lock somewhere within that selection, it shouldn't be difficult to script something to achieve this...
But a CM can edit anywhere so they wouldn't get that message. As Dave said, if we select segments with a mix of locked and unlocked, all we see in the properties box is unlocked.
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Kind of. I'm sure some script could help the situation a bit. However, if we're changing something the alternative to locking at level 5 is no locking at all. I'm not sure which is worse.

dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
woodvale wrote:Could always set up a Lock Request forum where CMs can post requests for L3s to lock segments for them :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not entirely a bad idea!
dknight212
Send a message

Post by leocylau
woodvale wrote:Could always set up a Lock Request forum where CMs can post requests for L3s to lock segments for them :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 3
Send a message
UK WikiUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

GC•Newcastle upon Tyne AM•HK CM•Localisation Coordinator

Post by leocylau
IMO should keep the original Lock level by default. And add an check box to lock in L5.
However, as Dave said Waze have a gazillion things to fix first :mrgreen:
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 3
Send a message
UK WikiUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

GC•Newcastle upon Tyne AM•HK CM•Localisation Coordinator