Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

How to dispute or fix an approved edit?

Post by AndyPoms
First off, there is no such thing as an approved edit - someone edits something, and it's there. The only way to protect segments is to lock them - only editors of your edit rank or higher can edit them then.

If you want to talk with the user who last edited an area, the best option is to try to PM them here in the forums.

If you don't want to talk with the last editor, or don't get a response, you can post a Permalink here in the forums and senior editors (and others) can look at the area.

I'm also going to send you a PM.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:4797498

Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Spazinbc wrote:Thanks for the info and the link to the permalink.

I copy and pasted the info here:
We're looking for you to paste a permalink to the location in the editor, not to paste the contents of the wiki on the definition of permalink.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
Please see the Cameras page in the Waze Wiki for more information on the. Basically once a camera is approved it is locked to that user's level - only editors of that level or above can edit/remove it. If enough users click "Not There" in the app, the camera will be unapproved (this too is based on rank-and covered in the wiki).

You can also PM the person who approved the camera(s) or if you post a permalink in the proper forum Country Managers can remove the cameras (they will probably ask for some official info-government website or similar-that the camera isn't there before they just remove them).
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by AndyPoms
Spazinbc wrote:Unfortunately, I have YET to see an APPROVED camera show up in the problematic area when driving as CLOSE or NOT THERE. Perhaps this is a coincidence? I dunno. However, there is now one individual who seems to be like a chicken without a head approving every redlight camera. He is not very co-operative and "sees" things that others do not. If I can have a listing of the area manager, I would appreciate it or a way to contact the area manager, please let me know. This is very frustrating.
You still need to send us the permalink to the area on the update map so we can look at it and identify the user(s) in question.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by ArlenBystander
Shorty-CM wrote: edit - Sure looks like a camera to me. http://goo.gl/maps/kEBlI
That is a camera but is it a red light camera?

It doesn't look like the traffic signal preemption sensors or Red Light cameras I'm familiar with but there could be regional differences in types of devices. Could it be a camera used either for signal timing or traffic monitoring by the municipality or news media? I found this page with traffic cameras of 70th & Oak.
ArlenBystander
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
After spazinbc contacted me with this issue, I started a thread over in the BC area of the forums:
viewtopic.php?f=350&t=42043

Please join this discussion there as it seems to be regional.

A few points I want to bring up here:
1. a posted sign means one thing: they posted a sign. There is no guarantee of a camera at an intersection simply because a sign is posted.

2. Waze requires a "camera" reported for each direction of travel for which photos are taken. There may be one physical camera, taking photos of multiple directions.

3. I'd rather err on the safe side -- it's better to have a camera reported for the direction and NOT get a ticket / run a red light, than it is to NOT have one reported, and subsequently get a ticket.

That said -- if there is NO camera at all at an intersection, there shouldn't be any approved for that intersection.

I've gone through the Lower Mainland and have deleted most of the bad reports and am now going through to approve the ones at ICBC named intersections... though I'm approving them for all directions of traffic (when there are four reported to work with) until we have confirmation that they only work in one or two directions of travel.
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by james8970
I agree that it is a traffic control camera as well.
james8970
Send a message
Canada Country Manager

Post by jasonh300
I'm going to forward a link to this thread to Shorty-CM. He's your Canada Champ and Country Manager. The first of your link is easily verifiable with Streetview...images from June, only one camera visible. Two of your 5 links only have one camera and one of them has cameras maintained by Shorty-CM himself. He'll be able to take care of this for you.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
I agree in your links that there's a sign in each direction, and that may be enough to warrant the RLCs on the Waze map.

However, the only actual RLC I can see in the streetview imagery is this one: http://goo.gl/maps/JsbsI

Of course, I may be wrong because the streetview imagery is spotty around that intersection.

The devices on top of the traffic light standards are not RLCs. They're light sensors that make the lights turn green emergency vehicles approach. They read a pattern in the flashing lights and change the light cycle.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by JohnnyLaw66
As a new editor, I'd actually appreciate a PM (with a permalink) if something I edited needs to be corrected. That way I can see what I did wrong.
JohnnyLaw66
Send a message