Gas station in Canada

Post by
So, what the heck is going on with Gas Stations in Canada? When do we get gas prices?

POSTER_ID:5720533

Send a message

Post by alexs001
Raiden38 wrote:Awesome, but why would you limit that to 2.00?? Gas is already (sometimes) at 1.50$ in a few years it will be 2.00$ for sure! I would put the max at 3.00$ for Canada, should take a while until we get there!
I second this. I saw $2.75 per litre in Norman Wells last winter. I know it's an extreme situation, but we may as well be prepared.

Is it possible to get the fuel types in octane rating?

How should we deal with stations that offer different grades? Most Chevron and some Petro-Canada stations over 94 in addition to the more common 87, 89, and 91. It would be nice to make it easy for users who need to go out of their way to find 94.
alexs001
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 9
Send a message
Local Champ: Canada
Area Manager: Okanagan Valley, BC / Newfoundland and Labrador

https://s.waze.tools/c6.png https://s.waze.tools/s0500.png

Post by AlpineDad
I am trying to add a couple of Mr. Gas gas stations in Gatineau Quebec but that brand is not recognized in the system. This one for example: http://www.quebecgasprices.com/Mr_Gas_G ... index.aspx

Cheers
AlpineDad
Send a message

Post by blizzard007
It would appear that recently the Gas Prices have been adjusted in Canada to allow proper 1xx.9 prices. I have updated prices at at least 10 stations over the weekend and no issues except the decimal is fixed at xxx.9. This has already been addressed in the newest thread for gas prices.

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=86131
blizzard007
Send a message
Level 2 Editor
GTA - Courtice to Mississauga

Post by chunkmonkey
Would be nice, I have been adding every station that I know of on the map, I don't know if that helps or not. But it would be such a great feature, and it would be huge asset to Canadian Wazer's and may help to draw in a larger user base, and without numbers the system doesn't work well. And they are going to need every plus the can get as I have a feeling adding advertising to the maps is going to scare away a lot of potential users. Wood be nice if you typed in food or something paid advertisers would pop up, but if I get bombarded with ads for Jimmy's tuna bar etc ever time I stop at light, my Waze days will be short lived.
chunkmonkey
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
I'm pretty sure it's been talked about in passing in other threads.

I'll contact Amit and find out what the holdup is. We shouldn't expect a response until Sun/Mon at earliest.
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
szakhar wrote:Finally, I see the ability to report gas prices. However, the functionality is still useless: it automatically completes last digit to be '9' and reports that entered price is not valid. Seems, it uses USA defaults, and assumes gas prices per gallon, while in Canada gas prices per liter and shouldn't be rounded.

In general, Waze developers and community should understand that Canada is not US. All the defaults should be different. For example, default distance (should be in meters, not miles).
I will mention this issue to Amit. I was asked to provide the range of prices and names for the fuel types we have here, as well as the unit of measure. I provided a low range of 0.800 and high of 2.000, and prices are per litre.

I suspect that the implementation is still in progress -- either that, or the gas station you found was somehow mislabelled as being US.

Also, with regards to default distances: that's something you get when you install the app, and virtually everyone in the world would be unimpressed with the miles default (IIRC, only the UK and US use miles), but at least now it's just a one-time setting and it's saved!
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
It was available two days ago... but I had the same experience -- the price range needed to be in the per-gallon range (i.e. between $3.50 and $5) to be accepted.

When did you last try reporting gas prices?
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
well, they're all three unlocked now, so feel free to amend! :)
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
james8970 wrote:I saw you guys talking about this while filling up so I figured I'd give it a try. I got an error as well when submitting prices. Two things I noticed that I didn't like. I can't edit the prices once they are entered and it automatically assumed 9/10th of a cent. Generally speaking, in the past 3 years I've rarely seen it not be 9/10th of a cent, but I still don't know if that should be assumed.
Yes, I've mentioned that to Amit, as well.

Can you not tap on the field again to change it? It worked for me on iOS the other day.

Were you able to enter a reasonable price (i.e. between $0.80 and $2.00), or did you have to be in the gallon range?
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Yeah, it works with the range of prices that would be a gallon in the US.
doctorkb
Send a message