Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

How much data waze normally use?

Post by zeroxp
i'm very new to waze.
just want to know what is the typical data usage, to avoid a *surprise* from the month bill.
let's say if i drive about 20min a day with waze open, how many MB i need for a month? Thanks.
zeroxp

POSTER_ID:478998

Send a message

Post by fvwazing
I do not know about the other versions but in the iPhone-version of Waze, in the "Data Usage"-menu, there is a slider to enable "Display network monitor". If enabled, a small text pops up in the top-right corner that informs you of the volume consumed by Waze in the current session. It is not a running total, alas, but it can give a good impression of your data-usage. Hint: downloading map-tiles makes up the most volume, so if you play around with Waze (zooming over your route) before leaving home (and while you are in Wifi) you can avoid most of the data-traffic.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by SnackBarHarses
in the iphone version you can also enable data compression for reducing the traffic and thus costs :)
SnackBarHarses
Send a message
(een van de) Area manager driehoek Amersfoort-Soest-Utrecht
IPhone 3GS | twitter: https://twitter.com/vanwaik
Tips & Trucs voor editen map: Basis uitleg voor editen kaart | Checklist snelwegen in NL | Naamgeving wegen in NL |

Post by zeroxp
ah, i found that option. it's in the WinMo version too. shows 7~10k per screen refresh. thank you
zeroxp
Send a message