Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by markzabala
zCougar wrote: The biggest annoyance is that every audio prompt pauses media player. In previous release I lowered prompts volume and heard guidance when playing podcasts but now every beep and word from Waze pauses podcast. It is very annoying. Please restore the previous behavior or add a config option for that under sound settings menu.
I'd like to reiterate what ZCougar said. One of the main reasons I use Waze over Google Navigation is that I could listen to my music (mostly instrumental) and have the turn-by-turn directions talk over the music without any interruption. Now this new updates pauses the music and makes the drives much more annoying for me and my passengers. I know other people have asked for this interrupting behavior in the past but it should really be a setting where users can toggle whether to have voices interrupt other audio apps or have it talk over for users like me.

What would be ideal is if we could also have the turn-by-turn navigation panned to just the left or right speaker so only the driver's side would have the directions and passenger's can listen to music with minimal distraction.

Also, can it be possible to use our handset's own text-to-speech engines? I like using Ivona voice on Android.
markzabala
Send a message

Post by millerok98
Before the update, when I was idle such as waiting at a red light, I'd get event pop ups on the map letting me know of nearby events within my selected radius. After the update, I get no event pop ups when idle. I checked the setting and it shows the correct event radius that I want. Also, if I select the level of guidance to including street names, it only says about half of the words when giving directions. If I select directions only, it has no problems. I have done a clean install and it doesn't change these problems.
millerok98
Send a message

Post by millerok98
I'm using the most recent Android waze app. When driving to a location that I've routed, the voice commands only tell me part of the instructions. It does the same thing when I try to use voice commands to report an event. I have the level of guidance selected as including street names. If I change the setting to directions only, then it's not an issue when getting basic driving directions.
millerok98
Send a message

Post by MovingShadow
Ever since I got the upgrade from Android to 4.1.2 Waze wont even start up anymore.

As soon as I click on the app it closes down again.

I'm using the Sony Xperia T
MovingShadow
Send a message
Sony Xperia T: Android 4.1.2

Post by mysticcobra
Is there where I file a complaint regarding crashes? Waze crashes my phone (complete freeze, battery out reboot type of freeze) about one out of every 4 times I use it.

I feel like it might be related to talking to my gps because if I start another NAV app first and then exit and load waze, the gps syncs MUCH faster and it seems to crash less often.

Phone in sig, what can I do to help fix the bugs?
mysticcobra
Send a message
Jimmy
Samsung Galaxy S6-Android 7.0, Waze 4.50.1.1
Northern VA

Post by Nipaa
I'm still having this problem. Send button is missing. When I turn the phone it will appear. Is there any way to fix this?
Nipaa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Attachments

Post by Olestas
Android 2.3.3. LG P500.
Crashing when searching while route is active.
Crashing just like that.
GPS disappears after second/third launch.
Logs sent (no time).
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
But thats bad. Screen turned on causes big energy consumption together with gprs and gps. Battery gets overheated. However waze never closed for me with screen turned off.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by paulkok_my
Can the "Later" button be included in the next release to report map issues?

This will benefit all who wants to put more info later when they reach their destination.
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by paulkok_my
When you press menu 》my friends , my FB friends last connected shows days even though they were connected minutes/hours ago.

Please fix it.
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message