[Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.1.4 2016-05-26

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.0.7.5 Dec 23 2012

Postby dave3825us » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:48 pm

I sure wish i knew what went wrong that made jnf not work on my machine.
dave3825us

Postby jasonh300 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:30 pm

dave3825us wrote:I sure wish i knew what went wrong that made jnf not work on my machine.

Are you running a Mac? I've had two different people tell me they weren't able to get Chrome to recognize it as a script on a Mac. There's gotta be some trick to it.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
South-Central Regional Coordinator
(LA/MS/AR...contact karlcr9911 for TX/OK related issues)
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:38 pm

jasonh300 wrote:
dave3825us wrote:I sure wish i knew what went wrong that made jnf not work on my machine.

Are you running a Mac? I've had two different people tell me they weren't able to get Chrome to recognize it as a script on a Mac. There's gotta be some trick to it.

Runs fine for me. Download it, drag it from the Finder into the Extensions window. From my understanding, Dave has it showing as installed, but it's not working.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 10.1.1 | Waze v4.14
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby dave3825us » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:08 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:From my understanding, Dave has it showing as installed, but it's not working.

Correct, It used to work but not any more.

@ Alan,

Looking at yours vs mine, Yours says "Init User list: AlanOfTheBerg script.js:805"

Mine does not. Could this be because your a US Country Manager and would have advanced options from being a manager using wmech?

Yours also says "loading options script.js:1226" Does your Highlights save your settings? Mine never did in chrome.

And yours mentions full screen. Where is it getting that from?
dave3825us

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:08 pm

dave3825us wrote:Looking at yours vs mine, Yours says "Init User list: AlanOfTheBerg script.js:805"

Mine does not. Could this be because your a US Country Manager and would have advanced options from being a manager using wmech?

Yours also says "loading options script.js:1226" Does your Highlights save your settings? Mine never did in chrome.

And yours mentions full screen. Where is it getting that from?

1. Perhaps so. I haven't looked at the script to see where it's outputting that line, so unsure.
2. Yes, the highlight script appears to save settings
3. The Full screen option is saved by JNF, otherwise WME reverts to non-fullscreen mode
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 10.1.1 | Waze v4.14
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby HandofMadness » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:32 pm

According to the Extensions page, I'm running JNF 0.0.7.6 on Chrome. I've run into what appears to be a rare bug, perhaps caused by using Q before all road details have loaded. Some times, when hitting Q on a red junction, I've found that one of the streets has all of its turn restrictions coming off of that segment are set to red.

I first saw this in November with a LOT of edits by a certain high ranking editor. Chalked it up to him being busy and just your normal occasional mistake, or maybe someone else messing things up since Waze doesn't record the last person to touch a turn restriction. But it was always roads showing him as the last to edit a few days before. Then in Dec I started seeing the same problem with roads last touched by a different CM. And then most recently, after I've spent a bit of time using JNF to fix red junctions, I started seeing the problem from segments last touched by me. In one case, this involved segments with a level 5 lock, and a segment I had touched just a few days before to clear up a red node. No other changes.

Usually I'm alerted to these problems by the auto-generated message from Waze that drivers are driving through a restricted turn.

I'm going to try to do more edits with shift-Z pressed, to see if I can catch it in the act.
CM: Thailand CM: USA
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby jasonh300 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:19 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:

Runs fine for me. Download it, drag it from the Finder into the Extensions window. From my understanding, Dave has it showing as installed, but it's not working.

I think I PMed you about this a while back. It doesn't show the correct name of the script or anything in the Extensions window. I'll try to get more details.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
South-Central Regional Coordinator
(LA/MS/AR...contact karlcr9911 for TX/OK related issues)
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby vectorspace » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:51 pm

bgodette wrote:
vectorspace wrote:The only determent I have found is that one could go wild just squashing red arrows, or perhaps forget and use it in the wrong place, and many times around divided roads, highway ramps, and the like, those red arrows are really necessary to impose valid turn restrictions.
Well since it doesn't change existing turn restrictions, I don't see how that's a problem.

You're absolutely right, I misspoke. This is not something to do with the node fixer script. I was thinking of the broader issue of someone pressing "qw" all over the place... a general issue for the full editor comment I was trying to express. I could see how an uninformed editor could wipe out valid turn restrictions without knowing it.
vectorspace
vectorspace

Postby bgodette » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:27 pm

vectorspace wrote:
bgodette wrote:
vectorspace wrote:The only determent I have found is that one could go wild just squashing red arrows, or perhaps forget and use it in the wrong place, and many times around divided roads, highway ramps, and the like, those red arrows are really necessary to impose valid turn restrictions.
Well since it doesn't change existing turn restrictions, I don't see how that's a problem.

You're absolutely right, I misspoke. This is not something to do with the node fixer script. I was thinking of the broader issue of someone pressing "qw" all over the place... a general issue for the full editor comment I was trying to express. I could see how an uninformed editor could wipe out valid turn restrictions without knowing it.
The initial reason for JNF was the to streamline the process of what 'qw' does, namely to lock turn restrictions, without the need to manually keep track of what turns were already restricted. It ballooned from there to fix other issues with nodes that were discovered along the way.
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby khaytsus » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:01 pm

vectorspace wrote:
bgodette wrote:

I was confused too when I first started using this script, I was using "qw" and fixing TR's as needed. However, I've found that if you click Q too quick you can sometimes "miss" the JNF script and wind up restricting all turns. So keep the Turn Restriction "layer" turned on!
USA Country Manager
Central Kentucky Area Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2013 (Cm 13.1)
khaytsus

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts