Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Suggestion: Audio Notification for police traps (radars)

Post by adrianomm
Please

Will be great if Waze have audio nofication for radars and police traps ans I don't need to keep my eyes on the display all the time .

Thanks
adrianomm

POSTER_ID:11928816

Send a message

Post by adrianomm
Maybe not in Portuguese.
Because I din't hear anything when I got close to one. Only show me in the screen.
adrianomm
Send a message

AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
ryuteki wrote:On the droid bionic, in English, Chicago area, and the only hazard voice alerts I am getting are for heavy traffic and red light cameras. I very much want to turn off red light camera alerts and turn on speed trap alerts.
Speed traps will verbally alert if they are on your route up to 1.1 miles away (which is way too far when in the city driving, IMO). It should also alert if it is on the same street you are on or within a certain distance when not in nav mode. Make sure your audio isn't muted in the main menu front page.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by ArlenBystander
Not sure about Portuguese announcements but the report could have been for the other direction of travel. Waze will show the icon on the map but will only announce the alert if it is along your route and in your direction of travel.
ArlenBystander
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by biccies
You will only get an audio notification if the camera is along your direction of travel, and if you're traveling faster than the speed limit for the camera (if it has been approved and has that information).

So basically, it only warns you if you're traveling faster than the speed limit of that road. It stops the noise annoying you when you're being good :)
biccies
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by ryuteki
On the droid bionic, in English, Chicago area, and the only hazard voice alerts I am getting are for heavy traffic and red light cameras. I very much want to turn off red light camera alerts and turn on speed trap alerts.
ryuteki
Send a message