Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Offline reports

Post by enfmichael
Hello,

I'm Brazilian and this my first time on the forum. Sorry for my English.

In Brazil, we have small and long distances on highways and freeways with no cell operator signal.

We need an offline reports feature, with sync when the connection is restablished.

Thaks,

Michael
enfmichael

POSTER_ID:8848932

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Waze is highly dependent on a data connection and currently has no ability to even save a report if you have no network connection. This is currently the way the app works. More offline or data-gap abilities are something which are on the roadmap for the app, but it's not going to be quick.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
enfmichael wrote:EgzVPI, you got it. We need to start a report process with no data connection and the sync when de data connection back. Long distances highways and freeways in Brazil doesn't have connection data and have several errors in map. This feature will allow us to improve this Brazilian ways.
As I wrote, this is something which is likely coming in the future, but not any time soon. Different report types will likely be cached for different periods of times. Police may be the shortest lived as they often move, up to map issues which may not time out for days. These are just suggestions we've given to Waze and I have no information that they are actively working on it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AusdemWeg
enfmichael wrote:Hello,

Sorry for my English.

Michael
Offtopic :) your english is good, im from Austria [no kangaroo ;)] i understand it very well

http://www.waze.com/wiki/images/8/87/RWrsig.png
AusdemWeg
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by dougkl
Im brazilian too and we have a lot of point without internet connection, i founded yesterday more than 20 points to make a alert (radar, police and map error) and i coundnt do it because the internet signal (the waze shows that i cant do it without internet connection)
dougkl
Send a message

Post by egzvpi
OldGnome wrote:When you touch the [Report] button, Waze will remember your position and can finish the reporting process later. I do not know if that is possible without a cell signal when you want to report a problem.
Unfortunately, if there is a dead zone, hitting report won't start the report process, and only error out stating no data connection. At least they are aware of this.

Maybe they like putting speed traps where there is no cell signal for this reason. ;)
egzvpi
Send a message

Post by enfmichael
EgzVPI, you got it. We need to start a report process with no data connection and the sync when de data connection back. Long distances highways and freeways in Brazil doesn't have connection data and have several errors in map. This feature will allow us to improve this Brazilian ways.

Thanks,
enfmichael
Send a message

Post by enfmichael
Thanks to all. Can you see, many users in Brazil has the same problem, as dougkl and me.
enfmichael
Send a message

Post by Fedelosa
Same thing happen in Uruguay!
Fedelosa
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
When you touch the [Report] button, Waze will remember your position and can finish the reporting process later. I do not know if that is possible without a cell signal when you want to report a problem.
OldGnome
Send a message