Following the introduction of the reorganization plan, a few questions came up and we would like to address them:
What is The role of coordinators and experts?
The Coordinator is a sort of an ambassador. He will be a part of both global and local champs' groups, and will be in an ongoing and direct contact with the Waze team.
With the help of the community manager from the Waze team, he will help promoting initiatives and issues that are important for the local community that he represents.
He can also contact the community manager regarding unsolved issues that require Waze's intervention and to inform us if there are any burning issues that require our attention
The Experts are more like "ministers" of their relevant expertise. The experts are users who accumulated a high knowledge level in a specific area such as editing, translation, routing, iPhone etc and have the will and the ability to take an active role in the community by helping others where they can and help elaborating issues that need to be addressed.
What does it involve?
First, it really depends on the area of expertise but generally:
* Experts will be moderators of the relevant professional forum and have access to the local champs group of their community.
* Experts will be informed by Waze of news and updates which are relevant to their expertise, For example a client experts will be in the loop about new features on the way etc.
* They will have direct contact to relevant Waze team members like mapteam supervisors, qa testers, product members, social media etc (as much as possible)
* If there are relevant tools that we can provide, the experts will have access to them. For example, bugs list from our bug system will be accessible to client experts.
* Experts will handle (with the tools and contacts they have) high level issues and other problems that couldn't be solved locally.
Some clarifications about experts:
* A user can have multiple expertise (he can be for example coordinator,client expert & social media expert)
* Each area of expertise can have multiple experts from different communities.
* The official requirements to become an expert:
6 months of Waze- seniority
editing level 4
300 forum posts
Of course these requirements are not set in stone, we wouldn't like to block enthusiastic and motivated users who wish to contribute with their knowledge from participating. We will consider any request separately - so please don't hesitate to apply even if you don't quite meet the conditions
Some of you asked what's the amount of time that needs to be invested in these roles:
It really depends on how much activity there is on the specific forum, it not suppose to be different from the existing structure, just now the experts know they are managing the forum and they are the professional authority for any questions.
And of course they can communicate with waze team easily,
I hope that's answer the main issues, i'm here for any anther thing you need:-)