Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Camera on wrong side of carriageway, A45 Coventry

Post by jonrogersuk
I've been trying to get rid of this camera for months, every time hitting "not there" but still I can't unapprove it. There's a camera for traffic heading north but not south.
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&l ... meras=5402
jonrogersuk

POSTER_ID:13029461

Send a message

Post by CBenson
jasonh300 wrote:You know that every time someone hits "Not There", the updated date changes, although the Updated by does not. I realized this when I saw that several of my local cameras had been edited the day before *by me*, when I knew good and well I hadn't. I had to do some experimenting with the Not There button, but I was able to get another one to update the date by doing this.
I didn't know this. Interesting. Does explain some things I've seen with cameras.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by jasonh300
Timbones wrote:It's quite likely that it'll get reported and approved again by other users in the future. In fact, it was updated by another editor just yesterday.
You know that every time someone hits "Not There", the updated date changes, although the Updated by does not. I realized this when I saw that several of my local cameras had been edited the day before *by me*, when I knew good and well I hadn't. I had to do some experimenting with the Not There button, but I was able to get another one to update the date by doing this.

I've yet to see one get unapproved though. I think people hit Not There just trying to get the warning box to go away, even though the camera is obviously there with warning signs and all. It may be the same Level 1 doing it over and over and therefore the points don't accumulate.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jonrogersuk
Brilliant, thanks. It is reversible, but having driven the route daily for years, I've never seen it point the other direction.
Perhaps we need a different mechanism to update cameras - I'm only level 1 so I can't do much, even for places I know well.
jonrogersuk
Send a message

Post by Timbones
I'll trust you're right, and delete the southbound camera for you. :)

It's quite likely that it'll get reported and approved again by other users in the future. In fact, it was updated by another editor just yesterday.

Looking at the aerials and street view, it looks like the camera is reversible.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by Timbones
Pressing 'Not there' is supposed to remove the camera after a certain number of presses, depending on your rank. Unfortunately, as your rank is 0*, your input doesn't affect them.

(Rank zero appears as 1 cone in the editor)

via mobile
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries