Gas prices feature: everything you need to know

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Gas prices feature: everything you need to know

Postby McFloyd » Fri May 31, 2013 8:38 am

Hi

In Switzerland, many gas stations are covered. Still, I can not enter the prices. When should this feature be turned on for Switzerland?

Thanks
Thias
McFloyd

Postby McFloyd » Fri May 31, 2013 12:35 pm

foxitrot wrote:You should better ask Argus & Co. here: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=22555

Thanks! I found this link after
McFloyd

Postby mchaves » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:49 pm

If this helps the developers with the problem already reported for countries where dots are thousand separators (instead of decimal separators, like in the US), this is how the error is shown to me: I just tried to enter some fuel price in Brazil, running Waze 3.5 on iOS 6.0.1.

There is no option to choose commas or dots, and I believe Waze just tried to prevented me to enter "thousands" of $$$ for the fuel prices.

By the way, congratulations on the great software!

Edit: tried entering one price at a time, and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, so it is not related to comma x dots as decimal separators.
Last edited by mchaves on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mchaves

Postby mchaves » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:38 am

mchaves wrote:There is no option to choose commas or dots, and I believe Waze just tried to prevented me to enter "thousands" of $$$ for the fuel prices.

I tried to enter one gas price at a time, as suggested already on this thread, and I was able to update only the regular price on two different places, so the problem is not related to commas x dots at all.

Could it be that for the other prices, Waze rejected my updates because the % change was too large? I also was not able to enter price for a box that had no prices before (ethanol in my case).

Thanks!
mchaves

Postby mchaves » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:20 pm

Waze 3.5.3.0 + iPhone 4S + iOS 6.1 @ Brazil.

Several gas stations here have a standard 2.00 price (on Waze) for regular gasoline, and no price for the other fuels types. If I try to enter a fuel price, I may be able to do it for the ones already with a value (like the fake 2.00), but I never can do it for the ones with no values.

I think this is clearly a bug for the ones with no prices. Not sure what is the criteria to block my edits for the ones with prices.
mchaves

Postby MeX_DK » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:39 pm

I get the popup asking if I want to add or edit fuel prices, but when I do that I dont get any boxes to fill in. Makes it sorta hard to edit fuel prices?
Flemming J., Denmark
Area Manager: Triangle Area, SEJ, Denmark
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 iGT9300, Android 4.1.1, Waze 3.2.2.2
MeX_DK

Postby Mike-1323 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:37 pm

Nacron wrote:Also, there needs to be a way to see the address of the station. I've seen it where there are several stations of the same brand on the same list.

This. I would like to see this. There are a couple of locations nearby where the same brand is being sold on opposite corners of an intersection (who the frell approves such things?). There's no way in the client to determine which one is which in the list. Oddly they sometimes have different prices.

Image Image
AM - Northern Virginia - Fairfax/Ft. Belvoir
CM - USA
Android 2.2.1, LG Optimus V
Mike-1323
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Mike-1323 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:07 pm

CBenson wrote:Wow. So how accurately does waze route to them? I've found that the waze routing to the station addresses isn't very precise. In other words, once waze routes to the intersection, which way waze tells you to turn seems fairly random. For instance, the destination flag occurs in the middle of split roads for a few stations that waze has routed me to. Until we can actually correct the station locations so that waze can route precisely to the station with the lowest price among stations with the same brand at the same intersection, I'm not sure that being able to distinguish them when entering the price is going to make much difference.

Good point. I've never tried to route to either station so I have no idea. But based on the inaccuracy or other addresses that I've routed to it would be very unlikely that it would have the correct location for either station. As with most things it takes some intelligence from the user to make it useful so as long as Waze can get my within sight of my destination then I can usually figure out the last few hundred meters on my own. :D

Image Image
CM - USA
Mike-1323
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Mike-1323 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:44 am

Bruno3589 wrote:Hi, I have problems too when trying to insert gas pricing in Italy with the Android app version.

When I am near or into the gas station landmark and I try to update gas prices, I get an error telling me that GPS is unreachable, even though it's not true (GPS is active, has signal, and Waze is using it to navigate).

I got the same error with both Waze 3.2.2.2 stable and 3.4.99.110 Beta, so I can't figure out what the problem is (I also tried clearing the cache, which did not help).

I've been reporting this ever since the gas price feature was introduced. Several others have as well. Waze hasn't seemed too concerned about it.

Image Image
CM - USA
Mike-1323
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Mike-1323 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:29 am

renatoyk wrote:Hi,
Is there any valid range of gas prices?
IM trying to update ethanol prices in Brazil (Alcool), but it returns me uh-oh error (the prices you entered don't seen to be valid)

I encountered that the other day when I made an error entering one of the prices. My problem with it was after I corrected the error the send command was missing. I had to return to the stations list and start all over entering the updated prices. After the prices aren't valid error the send button should reappear so the correct prices can easily be sent.

Image Image
CM - USA
Mike-1323
Beta tester
Beta tester

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App