Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze client will not shut off??

Post by pjlasl
I noticed after the last release that when clicking "switch off" the Clint remains open???

Using iPhone 4 iOS 6.0.1

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk - Weatherford TX Area Manager.
pjlasl
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:12144474

Send a message
[img]https:///EcBKq[/img] [img]https:///L6ziL[/img] [img]https:///pIzEJ8[/img]
AM: Texas
CM: USA
Champ: USA
Mentor: USA

Best Practices for Map Editing | Texas Wiki| Unlock Request for US | Mentoring

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I have not seen this happen. Are you tapping any other buttons, shutting the phone off, hitting home right away? Or just tapping the Switch off button literally has no effect?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Bigbear3764
vladpierami wrote:
ralfvd wrote:I see the same issue; shutting down will cause the application to stop ( iphone returns to home screen ) , but when looking at the "open applications' (by double-clicking home), it still shows waze as a running application.

When clicking the app in the open applications screen, it seems to restart, but you would expect that the application also disappears from the "open application" view.
Here happens the same.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1
WaZe 3.5.3.0
Have you seen update for iOS 6.1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
vladpierami wrote:
bigbear3764 wrote:
Have you seen update for iOS 6.1?

Not yet.

Do you think that is the meaning?
Just saw some bug fixes, didn't really go thru to see what it was.

Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by davidg666
ralfvd wrote:I see the same issue; shutting down will cause the application to stop ( iphone returns to home screen ) , but when looking at the "open applications' (by double-clicking home), it still shows waze as a running application.

When clicking the app in the open applications screen, it seems to restart, but you would expect that the application also disappears from the "open application" view.
No - the row of icons you get when you double-press the home button is not the list of running applications - it's a combination of recent applications and running applications, some of which may be running, but just because they're there doesn't mean they are running.

In other words, it's normal for Waze to still be there after shutting it down, because it has been running recently. When you remove an app from that list, it will kill it if it is still running, but if it wasn't still running, it will just remove it from the list.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Country manager and local champ for Ireland

Post by davidg666
pjlasl wrote:David...it is not normal for it to be there after clicking shut down. Prior to this recent release, clicking shut down close the app, even from the "open apps" row...
Are you sure? In the current release (3.5.3), Waze remains in the list of recently-used and still-running apps. Although I don't have an earlier release installed, I'm pretty sure this has been the behaviour for quite some time.

I would be unhappy if it ever did disappear from this list after shutdown, since that's a convenient place to start Waze from again if I want to use it again in the near future (which happens frequently).

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by davidg666
vladpierami wrote:
bigbear3764 wrote: Have you seen update for iOS 6.1?
Not yet.

Do you think that is the meaning?
I upgraded to iOS 6.1 a couple of hours ago, and the behaviour is exactly the same - although in my opinion, this is correct behaviour.

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by pjlasl
David...it is not normal for it to be there after clicking shut down. Prior to this recent release, clicking shut down close the app, even from the "open apps" row...

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk - Weatherford TX Area Manager.
pjlasl
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
[img]https:///EcBKq[/img] [img]https:///L6ziL[/img] [img]https:///pIzEJ8[/img]
AM: Texas
CM: USA
Champ: USA
Mentor: USA

Best Practices for Map Editing | Texas Wiki| Unlock Request for US | Mentoring

Post by ralfvd
I see the same issue; shutting down will cause the application to stop ( iphone returns to home screen ) , but when looking at the "open applications' (by double-clicking home), it still shows waze as a running application.

ralfvd
Send a message

Post by VladPierami

Here happens the same.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1
WaZe 3.5.3.0
VladPierami
Send a message
Vlad Pierami
WAZE BETA VERSION 3.9.0.500 - IOS 7.1.2
Waze São Paulo no Facebook