Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Help, I think I broke a route!

Post by natefirethorn
Hi, all,

I was trying to edit the Trap Rock Access Road into Kingston-Rocky Hill Road:

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-74.61 ... 1272550633

This is a tricky turn, because left turns from Trap Rock onto Kingston-Rocky Hill Road are not permitted. Now Waze won't route southbound on Kingston-Rocky Hill Road from Rocky Hill to Kingston.

I've checked the turns and segment endpoints, and I can't spot the trouble.

Can someone take a look at it and let me know what's going on?

Thanks,
- Steve.
natefirethorn

POSTER_ID:13184450

Send a message

Post by ArlenBystander
I have found a few by zooming in and mousing over the area while watching what gets highlighted. If you see a junction node between two segments and they don't both terminate there, it's a sure sign one of them overlaps the other. Sometimes, though I have just had to move one out of the way to verify and then backout/undo the move if nothing needs to be changed.
ArlenBystander
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by cdombroski
There's another road hiding under this one. You need to delete the hidden road and fix the turn restrictions on the junction to the north.
cdombroski
Send a message

Post by harling
timl2k12 wrote:The only problem I can see is one reverse connection on the southern node of this segment...
timl2k12 wrote:Just curious, how did you fix it?
Manually, you select the segment, drag its endpoint off the junction, then re-connect it and re-set the turn restrictions.
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by natefirethorn
Thanks! I think I got it -- but the road is still not routing properly. How long does it take edits to show up in routing?

Also, how did you find the problem? I could see it by moving endpoints around, but I'm guessing there has to be a less damaging way than that.

Regards, -S.
natefirethorn
Send a message

Post by natefirethorn
Oh-kay. The last update time was 1/30/2013, so it hasn't got today's edits yet.

- Steve.
natefirethorn
Send a message

Post by natefirethorn
:(

Still busted after update. I have checked all the turns and they look OK.

Cleared the browser cache, too, but that didn't clear the problem.

Clues appreciated!

Thanks, -S.
natefirethorn
Send a message

Post by timl2k12
natefirethorn wrote::(

Still busted after update. I have checked all the turns and they look OK.

Cleared the browser cache, too, but that didn't clear the problem.

Clues appreciated!

Thanks, -S.
The only problem I can see is one reverse connection on the southern node of this segment.
If fixing that doesn't fix it, I would redraw all these segments, I get really weird results if I try to route southbound thru there, northbound is fine.
timl2k12
Send a message
Level 3 Area Manager - Tampa, FL

Post by timl2k12
Just curious, how did you fix it?
timl2k12
Send a message

Post by timl2k12
Not me, I use the Overloaded Q from I forget which extension. :geek: The reason I asked the OP is because the reverse connection is still there, but it works now. Maybe he didn't give the tiles enough time to update. I've never received a UR from an RC though, they seem innocuous.
timl2k12
Send a message