Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Difference between client, website etc...

Post by
Hi,

I'm using WAZE for about a week now, and find it frutstrating that the points are not updated on my dashboard and on my client the way it should be !
I've got about 60 points on my client (iphone) and on my dashboard. Although i see that i earned 25 extra points for first report and 200 points for first map edit. Also my drives, there's only one listed, although i'm using it everyday !

Very nice community driven thing, but hard to understand the way it updates.

Can someone explain why this happens ???

POSTER_ID:

Send a message

Post by phidauex
It just takes a few days for updates to populate on the Dashboard since the system is processing so many users. This tripped me up at first too (I'm used to most web-things updating instantly) but I was assured that it just takes a little time for the calcs to get completed (lower priority than routing and the map server, naturally).

After a few days your points should be up-to-date on the Dashboard, and your drives updated. Also, don't worry if the points in the client don't 100% match the points in the Dashboard - the client guesses how many points you've earned, but the Dashboard does some other voodoo with more sophisticated calcs, so it may come up with a slightly different answer. Nothing to worry about.

The one thing you should do now is to make sure you are logged into the right server - if you are driving in the US, you should be logged into www.waze.com's dashboard, and if you are driving elsewhere in the world you should be logged into world.waze.com's dashboard.

-Sam
phidauex
Send a message
Newbie Editor - Boulder, CO and Seattle, WA
iPhone 4S, VZ, iOS 6.1

Post by witfits
Also note that longer drives tend to take longer to post (disproportionately) than shorter drives.
If I drive a longer distance (you pick, 10 miles, 25 miles, or more) many times I'll exit the app. This will cause your points to register for that portion of your drive. Usually much faster than a single, very long drive.

The system has been exceptional in always posting user's points. Albeit, sometimes it takes a bit before the posts occur.
witfits
Send a message