The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by witfits
My first "best practice" is don't try to get creative with the penalty system trying to dissuade the routing engine from choosing a particular route.
witfits
Send a message

Post by witfits
I always allow the turn/route as it's allowed during greatest portion of the day.

One could argue that these restrictions occur during the mayhem of rush hour. Our job is to move them safely and quickly, and it's likely that the lion's share of these drivers know what they're up against during this period.
witfits
Send a message

Post by witfits
I read through that last night. I suppose, once one gets through the gray area, we could chose that option. Thus upsetting the daily drivers but accommodating the new/out-of-town commuter.
It makes sense to try and keep the non-familiar driver from last minute, potentially dangerous decisions.

Now, I'm back to how do I keep the daily commuters from uninstalling? I know; sorry. Thanks for letting me arrive, where you've been for awhile. :)

Next question...
How to keep from researching the "UR" OR the "auto-detect" over and over and over again? :cry:
witfits
Send a message

Post by witfits
That's good to know. I spoke with several co-workers and many could care less about map editing. Rather, they simply like using Waze to get from point A to point B.

Still, since we're wishing, I'd like to add a comment to the UR.
"Hey, can you tell me where Newark Avenue is closed"?
witfits
Send a message