Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Popup Ads Acting differently than notices

Post by ehensley
This past weekend I have begin to have Taco Bell ad ups while driving and this took over the app and did not have a safe way to shut it off while driving. This is only happening with my iPhone 5 and only the Waze app. I understand the need to earn revenue; however, it should behave the same way as other notices and not stay on all the time thereby blocking the whole screen. I wonder why only Taco Bell, is this a test program? Why not do a subscription based model to remain ad free?

Frankly, this may cause me to delete the app since I do see it as a dangerous app to driving safely while using turn by turn.
ehensley

POSTER_ID:2013813

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I've never seen it stick. It pops up, only when stopped, and goes away when I start driving again or when I tap the close button.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
ehensley wrote:It is ok to have them at the start or the end, but while in navigation mode, I will be blunt, get it off the screen and do not interfere.
If it was significantly widespread, I think there would be more outcry. It will go away on its own, doesn't interfere with audio navigation, and doesn't pop up unless you are stopped so you can easily tap the close button when stopped. I'm not sure why it isn't autodismissing for you on motion. You may want to put waze into debug mode by navigating to 2##2 and run it in debug mode until that happens again. Then upload logs from the Help menu. Toggle debug mode off using 2##2 again. Then use the nanorep (quickhelp) box on the support page to submit your issue, making sure to note that date/time you submitted the logs.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by ehensley
This app pops and stick regardless of motion. Google search yield many of the same complaint.

Interesting point was last night i was stopped across from a T Bell and there was no popup. However earlier I was stopped about 3 miles from the nearest T Bell and i got a popup add while stopped.

Frankly, I don't want any ads popping add while the app is being used for its purpose. It is ok to have them at the start or the end, but while in navigation mode, I will be blunt, get it off the screen and do not interfere. Metro areas are dense enough without the need to hit and small little x on a stuck on top of a route
ehensley
Send a message