Why do you edit maps?

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Why do you edit maps?

Postby ghbrett » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:22 am

I am new to Waze, but I want to make sure my neighborhood is correctly mapped. Plus there are changes happening and I'd like other Wazers to know about them like the Dunkin Donut shop that just opened up on the corner near here.
ghbrett

Postby CrackedLCD » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:27 pm

rivermedic wrote:I'm a paramedic in a very rural Texas county; we have correct maps and all GPS systems are wrong. With Waze I can see immediate results and updates. There is much satisfaction in that and getting an ambulance to the scene without any errors. I appreciate all the work of you hard working Texas Wazers out there and all the help you have given me!

Awesome! If anyone knows the intricacies of area roads, it would be the EMTs and public safety personnel. 8-)
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby rivermedic » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:14 am

I'm a paramedic in a very rural Texas county; we have correct maps and all GPS systems are wrong. With Waze I can see immediate results and updates. There is much satisfaction in that and getting an ambulance to the scene without any errors. I appreciate all the work of you hard working Texas Wazers out there and all the help you have given me!
rivermedic

Postby Olestas » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:13 am

Dont know.. I edit to see how it works after that :D
Olestas
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby GiorgioLontano » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:35 pm

I edit because I use Waze to outsmart traffic ( :lol: ) in Guatemala City, and before I found this app I used to try out different routes (if sometimes convoluted) to minimize the time I spend driving. Now I have a tool that not only helps me measure the times and distances that those routes take, but it has also helped me find new ones!

I also work in logistics, so I use GPS to track vehicles and all that. I don't use Waze for work, but my job has turned me into a map geek. :ugeek:
GiorgioLontano

Postby fotrik » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:06 am

Well, I chose Waze as the best navigation app for me with all the great additional functionality regarding traffic. To be able to use it to my (several) usual destinations I want to have the map as good as possible. And it's a great satisfaction if you change the map a lot, see the results in the app within days and know that many other users are more happy from the work you do.
fotrik
Localizers
Localizers

Postby WarChi1d » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:57 pm

I edit because my wife and I use Waze and depend on it so I like to know the areas that I manage are accurate.
WarChi1d

Postby AndyPoms » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:20 pm

knipfty wrote:I live in gated community and every GPS (including Waze) routes people to the back gate. :evil: I updated the back gate to be a private road today. Now I will wait and see if Waze avoids the gate. I also added a landmark where the gate is.

Does anyone know how long it take for my updates to populate the rest of the Waze community? Does anyone have to look at it and approve the change?

What kind of landmark did you add? What was the purpose of adding it?
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:52 pm

knipfty wrote:Does anyone know how long it take for my updates to populate the rest of the Waze community? Does anyone have to look at it and approve the change?

See the FAQ.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby stevecody » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:40 pm

Lately the updates have been happening about every 2 days. Nobody has to approve your changes.

This is one of the main reasons I like to edit the maps. I get tired of incorrect routing for my frequently travelled routes. This is what makes Waze so awesome.
stevecody
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Website, Community, General