Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by jasonh300
aigarslv wrote:I think that 300 forum posts is a bit big number. Especially if you are applying as Android or iPhone expert!
Being heavily active in the forums needs to be a condition for being any type of expert. If you're not known to the community, and accessible via the forums, you won't be able to be an effective expert.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
foxitrot wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:an effective expert.
Maybe "a useful expert"?
That too.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jm6087
Tiburoncin837 wrote:Habra alguna forma de pedir la membresía de "Expert"...? Soy taxista desde hace 5 años y conozco cada metro de la ciudad de Manizales y sus respectivos cambios.
translate wrote:Will there be any way to request membership of "Expert" ...? I have been a taxi driver for 5 years and I know every subway in the city of Manizales and its respective changes.

1. this post is 6 yrs old. Please do not necropost.

2. You can join your local editing community to learn more about editing. Driving a cab does not make you an "expert" editor.
translation wrote: 1. Esta publicación tiene 6 años. Por favor no necropost.

2. Puede unirse a su comunidad de edición local para obtener más información sobre la edición. Conducir un taxi no lo convierte en un editor "experto".
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by JorgeARestrepo
shirlig wrote:Hi all,

Following the introduction of the reorganization plan, a few questions came up and we would like to address them:

What is The role of coordinators and experts?

The Coordinator is a sort of an ambassador. ...

The Experts are more like "ministers"

What does it involve?
Es muy importante que traduzcamos este post de shirlig al español y adicionalmente actualizemos el Wiki con dicha información
JorgeARestrepo
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
JorgeARestrepo - Colombia
[img]https:///Tv5fuy[/img]
Country Manager

Post by Kuhlkatz
Fill in the questionnaire linked in the Community Manager introduction post for your specific area or country.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by MisterMooCow
the1who wrote: I have a problem with the minimum forum post requirement.

Granted you want people to be active...but that should not be a rule and guide by how many forum posts one makes to scale how valuable they are. Example...someone can just go in the unlock forums and type "fixed" all day long to everything and anything, just to drive up their forum posts... I think that should be secondary consideration if some other requirement is not met.

I find it useless sometimes to get involved with every forum post that don't necessarily pertain to contributing. Meaning, I could go and talk everywhere in the forum, and I might not know what I am talking about anyways, and then I ruin my reputation all for the sake that I was trying to build forum post count.
I agree-- I generally don't post on things that have been covered well by someone else. And I communicate a lot more one-on-one (via PM, IRC, email, SMS, whatever). The lack of a good infrastructure (check out any of StackOverflow's sites for a good example of how things should work) makes me cringe at the thought that I'd need to spend even more time sifting through more noise (since now there will be even more incentive to make junk postings) to find useful information.
MisterMooCow
Send a message

Post by MisterMooCow
shirlig wrote: Communication flow:

* Local issues will be discussed in the local forums.
* Local forums will be monitored by the Local Champs.
* Professional forums will be monitored by the Experts.
* Local Champs can raise issues to Global Champs.
* If intervention by the Waze Team is needed – the coordinator will contact the community's rep from Waze Team.
While the hierarchy makes sense, using a forum to track issues/requests is inappropriate-- things can definitely start out as a discussion in the forums, but once something is identified, it should be tracked using an appropriate trouble-tracking tool. If nothing else (as I offered to do elsewhere) set up an instance of bugzilla (it's $10/month at the most -- for unlimited users). You can anoint folks with different capabilities, isolate issues, etc. If you really want to do it right, get a full-featured CRM or look at something like Lithium.

Even better than forums (for problem-solving, etc.) would be to use a stackexchange (http://stackexchange.com) instance. That would basically be self-policing (users would reward -- and punish -- the deserving) and power-users/champs would percolate naturally to the top.
MisterMooCow
Send a message

Post by Poopstick
asterix06 wrote:Well done, Shirli !
+1
Poopstick
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by porubcan
It would be helpful to share more details about expert areas. We were asked if we would like to participate or nominate someone, but we do not know much about subject and requirements for each area. I believe you have alreay set expectations in each expert's area you would share. Thanks

if it looks strange, it's my phone's fault
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... 00k_6c.pnghttps://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... onster.png
SK Country Coordinator, SK Country Manager, Global Champ, Waze Beta Tester

Post by rottielover
+10,000 ;) I also think client map problem reporting should be a focus effort of refinement. My suggestion, combine some existing functionality of the live map and editor to make a problem report interface. You can keep the quick map reports, but put an option in there that will email the account a link to a reporting map where they can type details, maybe even highlight or draw boxes around issues etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rottielover
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
[img]https:///9EKWfE[/img] [img]https:///ubk1Zx[/img]
Wiki Resources: Map Editing | To Do - St. Louis MO
To Do - Missouri | Missouri Mapping Resources | Missouri Forum