Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by pvaladares
mike-bronner wrote:There are some key differences, as in different javascript objects, file names, etc. I will see if I have some time tomorrow to sit down and sort this out.
Any progress? :)
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
Installed WazeBar on Safari for Windows and works fine.
Maybe I'll leave Chrome and just start using Safari now ;)

I would suggest to add the shortcuts keys to the label of existing Add Elements:
- Road (I)
- Landmark (U)
- Landmark (O)
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
Maybe you could also include the UROverview script from Twister_UK (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/145186)

Between, I have been reading about porting Safari to Chrome extensions and it seems to be easier to port from Chrome to Safari ! ;)
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
mike-bronner wrote:Patch 0.0.17 is now out -- more in the initial post.
Bug in code:
console.log("Wazebar: error handling was triggered, but error object is empty.";

Missing closing paren.

In this new version the WazeBar does not show up in the Safari version for Windows :(
Had to install the previous version (http://www.rocking-mm.com/WazeBar/WazeB ... safariextz)
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
mike-bronner wrote:Wow, Safari upgrades fast! I barely had it out for minute, realized the error, uploaded the new version (didn't increment the version number, thinking it was too fast for anyone to have picked it up already).

Uploaded dummer version 18. I'm guessing the reason it didn't work in Windows was the syntax error Alan mentioned above. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Safari did not automatically update. I did right after I get notification of new post in the thread ;)
My Windows Safari gives 1 error while loading in the status bar. However the WazeBar seems to be fully loaded, with no feature limitation.

Suggestions
1 - Use 2 different images for the "Change the page theme to your liking." and "WME Colour Highlights: Highlight Segments"
2 - Use bigger icons
3 - Include a button to trigger the Show Shortcuts window. In some Countries the combination key does not actually work (in my case it is [Control]+[-]).
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
Autosave could be trigged by a timer.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
Timbones wrote:
NorfolkMustard wrote:I use this a lot, but I've also started to love the WME-to-Ordnance Survey script too. Can that be included like you've included the colour highlighting script ?
This script is only useful to UK editors, so it might be best to keep this one separate.

Not really. I am from Portugal and I use UR script a lot :-)

pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
Any thought when WazeBar will be ported to Chrome? ;-)

pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by robin1979
Timbones wrote:Oooooo.... shiny!

How hard will it be to port this to Chrome/Firefox? (Or maybe just send it to Waze to integrate into their editor)
Rename the .safariextz to .gz and see for yourself :). Might just work as is (but I'm not that experienced extension coder, but you seem to be :D).

Anyway, this looks really good. I was looking into porting the various extensions to Safari myself, but glad you did. I'll be following closely!
(Any chance of integrating exttools as well? :))
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by robin1979
mike-bronner wrote:Hi Alan, sorry for the bad news, but I have not been able to replicate the issue. Can anyone else confirm this bug?
I've seen this before, but even before I discovered WazeBar. Haven't seen it recently though.
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe