Gas prices feature: everything you need to know

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Re: Re: Gas prices feature: everything you need to know

Postby Nacron » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:39 am

Twister_UK wrote:
foxitrot wrote:
Twister_UK wrote: So even if the price data gets reset after x days of staying at the same values no matter how often those values are confimed, surely all the points-fanatics will just have to enter new prices every x days and then continue confirming them as at present until the next x day timeout, then enter new price again and continue...
... and the problem of points-fanatics being able to earn points by confirming non-existent prices would be resolved without any means for them to work around it in the client.

I understand the problem with flakey ghost copies of GS in the DB. But I think that these points-fanatics would not bother entering some guessed prices, if the fields were empty.

I don't quite share your optimism here - given the lengths some users will go to in collecting points at the expense of data integrity, I'm not sure having to make up a price (they'd only need to fake the price for one fuel type in order to "earn" their 8 points, making it even easier than the genuine user who goes to the trouble of correctly updating several fuel type prices to earn the same points) a handful of times a month would be much of a disincentive.

To be honest, given that it is only 8 points/station, and given that there aren't all that many ghost stations in the db, I don't think it's worth expending much effort on changing the behaviour of price entry/confirmation just to stop some users picking up a few extra points each day from ghost stations - better for the Waze programmers to concentrate on resolving the problem which is allowing these ghosts to remain in the db in the first place.

The typical top 3 users in Hawaii DO NOT edit the map. They get points purely from gas reporting

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i | Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | 5.1.1 | Waze 3.9.8.0 RC beta
Android Beta | WME Beta
Hawaii SM | Bangkok, Thailand RM | Phitsanulok, Thailand AM
ImageImageImageImage
Nacron
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: Gas prices feature: everything you need to know

Postby renatoyk » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:46 pm

Hi,
Is there any valid range of gas prices?
IM trying to update ethanol prices in Brazil (Alcool), but it returns me uh-oh error (the prices you entered don't seen to be valid)
When I use lower values ( below 1,000) it is accepted ( the price is about 1,750).
If I use smaller steps (i.e. 1,000 and so 1,250, and so 1,500) I can
reach 1,510.
Already tried change language, change phone ( apple, Android).
The problem is always related to ethanol. Gasoline is ok.
renatoyk

Postby fotrik » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:02 pm

It looks as the price range check is influenced by the surrounding stations. We had the same problem in CZ when the feature lauched. There was a station or two with very low testing prices and all stations around in wide area had problem to enter valid price of the same gas type. When these low values found and all removed, everething started to work. Please check it in your area, it's probably the same problem.
ImageImage
fotrik
Localizers
Localizers

Postby kevinhome » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:57 pm

I think it would be a great idea if members had the ability to update petrol prices also when logged in on MAP UPDATES. Many times I have past petrol station but didn’t have the opportunity to add updated fuel prices or could have do so in a safe way as I was mobile at the time. If the feature was available within the onlinne update mapping, I could have done this when at home and logged in. This again would also be another safety feature and another way to share information on fuel prices.
Last edited by kevinhome on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevinhome

Postby Mike-1323 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:29 am

renatoyk wrote:Hi,
Is there any valid range of gas prices?
IM trying to update ethanol prices in Brazil (Alcool), but it returns me uh-oh error (the prices you entered don't seen to be valid)

I encountered that the other day when I made an error entering one of the prices. My problem with it was after I corrected the error the send command was missing. I had to return to the stations list and start all over entering the updated prices. After the prices aren't valid error the send button should reappear so the correct prices can easily be sent.
Mike-1323
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby DangerDaneDK » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:39 pm

I get the popup asking if I want to add or edit fuel prices, but when I do that I dont get any boxes to fill in. Makes it sorta hard to edit fuel prices?
Flemming J., Denmark
Area Manager: Triangle Area, SEJ, Denmark
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 SMF-900, Android 4.4.2, Waze: Newest

ImageImage
DangerDaneDK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby CrackedLCD » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:12 am

Hmm. Gas prices and Foursquare integration were down this evening for several hours. Did they do an update of the station database? I queried the prices and got a new station that (while several years old in reality) was not previously listed. Still got an error when trying to submit a price, though.
~CrackedLCD
AM for Baldwin-Mobile Cos., AL // Grenada-LeFlore-Carroll Cos., MS // Escambia-Santa Rosa Cos., FL // CM for the USA

Moto Droid Turbo (Android 5.1) on Verizon Wireless
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

Gas prices feature: everything you need to know

Postby xirurg58 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:35 am

When gas prices are filled in manually, we can see previous prices.
When renewing prices via pop-up it always empty, even I filled prices day before. So, i can't report that prices are correct, only new entry. It's a bug or not?

Отправлено с iPad via Tapatalk
ImageImage ImageImage
150K km with Waze
Waze Champs Russia
xirurg58
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby foxitrot » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:59 am

xirurg58 wrote:When gas prices are filled in manually, we can see previous prices.
When renewing prices via pop-up it always empty, even I filled prices day before.

I've noticed this as well. Must be a bug - my popup was empty and at the same time been updated a day ago.
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new social Android 4.0.xx.yyy (OP-X LOL-a-popp).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby carlosvasco » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:42 pm

We have an issue here in Colombia. The gas prices are in thousands. For example regular gas price on average in $8400 COP.

In the US the prices are arround 4 or 3 USD.

When Im in a gas station I can't report prices because of format, it just says that there is an error. The app expects prices in units of dollars. Not in thousands of pesos, our currency

Please fix it.

Congratulations. This app helps me a lot to avoid traffic

Greetings from Medellin - Colombia.

Im using Waze on Android. A smartphone Samsung mini 2
carlosvasco

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App