Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Feature Suggestion: Car Dock UI-Manage calls, music in app

Post by lunarplexus
As wonderful as waze is, there are times when I wish I could handle phone calls, messages and change songs while driving which become a little tedious and I usually have to pull over.

I think this feature would make it even better in future versions.

To have a car dock interface (like some seen here: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7-57 ... oard-apps/) Would be brilliant to take care of music, calls (automatic pick-up and speaker phone mode, voice messaging and dialling etc.) safely while driving.

In essence, give waze the usability, utility, and the look and feel that would compete will paid Sat-Nav devices.
lunarplexus
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:6097825

Send a message
Wazers, keep on Wazin'!

Lunarplexus
Level 5 Editor | Area Manager: New Delhi NCR | Country Manager: India
Platform: iOS on iPhone 14

Post by lunarplexus
Ah! Thank goodness someone agrees with me. I was beginning to lose hope.

I do feel Waze has the potential to become a complete sat nav app with all the bells and whistles, not only to make getting from one place to another faster but to make the whole driving experience more comprehensive, easy and fun. And a car dock interface is just the beginning. The possibilities are endless.
lunarplexus
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wazers, keep on Wazin'!

Lunarplexus
Level 5 Editor | Area Manager: New Delhi NCR | Country Manager: India
Platform: iOS on iPhone 14

Post by mbze430
That would be nice... because I can stop using CarHome Ultra.

Currently my Car Dock/Mode on my SGS3(US) is CarHome Ultra. Waze will run nicely in the background with this.

I have tried iOnRoad + CarUltra Home + Waze. Waze won't run this way. 90% of the time Waze will sit in a black screen and finally FC about 3mins.
mbze430
Send a message