New Android Beta Version - 1.8.99.106

Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

Moderator: Unholy

Re: New Android Beta Version - 1.8.99.106

Postby damaniac » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:49 pm

Hi,

I figured a possible reason for the crash, every time the software crashed or the process was killed seconds before the phone froze completely there was no access to the SD card afterwards, the phone wouldn't even shut down properly. Only removing the battery did help in this case. May it be that the routines for reading and/or writing data from and to the database on the sd card are a little too stressful for the system? Maybe one should try to increase the cache a little bit or rewrite the routines.

Best regards
damaniac
Area Manager Hamburg/Germany
Samsung Galaxy S2
damaniac

Postby tskramp » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:22 pm

Still no news on when a new android version is coming out? My current problem is the whole phone restarting about half the time waze is up. And I'm 99% sure it's waze since the uptime will be several hours, then either as soon as I turn on waze, or shortly after it decides to restart.
Area Manager: Charleston, Mt. Pleasant, West Ashley, Summerville, Hanahan SC
Phone: Nexus One (Froyo)
Waze 1.9.0
tskramp

Postby username95 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:47 pm

tskramp wrote:Still no news on when a new android version is coming out? My current problem is the whole phone restarting about half the time waze is up. And I'm 99% sure it's waze since the uptime will be several hours, then either as soon as I turn on waze, or shortly after it decides to restart.

My first post and unfortunately it is going to be a negative one. +1 for the above. I've had no problems with my android rebooting before I started running Waze. (version 1.9.0.0) I'll keep using the software because I love the concept...or at least until google navigation provides the option to reroute around traffic. But geez guys, work on the stability issues instead of all these new features. As someone said above, the stability issues will be a huge turnoff for potential new users. And I want more Wazers to get good traffic info!
username95

Postby tiagobt » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:54 am

rcocchiararo wrote:Posible bug:

Using SWYPE keyboard, i cant delete when commenting on the reports.

I think its also not posible to change input method ir copy text from the comment box, so that might be the reason.

I'm using Waze 1.9.0.0 and I'm still having issues with Swype. I'm not able to delete characters or change the input method. Any progress on that?

Thanks,
Tiago
tiagobt

Postby krankyd » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:18 am

new beta version will come out any day now, and should resolve the issues with the stability on froyo and others.
The problem with swype is due to a problem with Swype, and not waze (confirmed by swype - the delete has a problem in other applications as well).
Next version will support native text box integration, and should resolve this issue as well.
wazing like a hurricane
krankyd
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby StefanSarzio » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:13 am

That's good news.

Will it also support shutting down Waze upon leaving the car (via Car Dock, bluetooth disconnect, or intent)?
StefanSarzio

Postby grebble » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:40 am

krankyd wrote:new beta version will come out any day now, and should resolve the issues with the stability on froyo and others.
The problem with swype is due to a problem with Swype, and not waze (confirmed by swype - the delete has a problem in other applications as well).
Next version will support native text box integration, and should resolve this issue as well.

I'll look forward to it. FWIW the minor release 1.9.0.101 does seem more stable than 1.9.0.0 on my Desire. Not infallible, but does tend to keep going on my 20-mile trip to work, and if it does crash, it doesn't kill the whole phone like earlier versions did.
Area manager: East Northants, West Cambs and Peterborough, UK
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Android 4.0.4), Waze v3.0.2.8
grebble

Postby muchski » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:22 pm

Great update krankyd! Thanks!

I have an X10 that is just waiting for the goodness of a new Waze Beta!

Between waiting for new Waze Beta and working Bootloader to run CM6/Froyo/2.2, I am going crazy!
Area Manager - Winnipeg, Canada| Xperia X10 | HTC Desire
muchski

Postby Lemon » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:10 pm

How much longer? Its been a while since Android has been given attention on Waze...
Nexus One | Waze 1.8.99.104 | 2007 Volkswagen GTI | Twin Cities Metro Area Manager | Northeast Iowa Area Manager
Lemon

Postby muchski » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:42 am

Getting so antsy! And excited!!!
Area Manager - Winnipeg, Canada| Xperia X10 | HTC Desire
muchski

PreviousNext

Return to Official announcements