Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).
Post by muchski
Is the hyper social version only for iPhone? When can we expect it for Android? :)
muchski
Send a message
Area Manager - Winnipeg, Canada| Xperia X10 | HTC Desire

Post by muchski
Man I wish we would see a new Android version soon! I know its a big challenge doing extensive multiplatform development, but I hope Android gets to 1.99 or 2.0 soon! :)

On a semi-related note, I have secretly installed Waze on 4 other friends smartphones and they are starting to use it! :)
muchski
Send a message

Post by muchski
Great update krankyd! Thanks!

I have an X10 that is just waiting for the goodness of a new Waze Beta!

Between waiting for new Waze Beta and working Bootloader to run CM6/Froyo/2.2, I am going crazy!
muchski
Send a message

Post by muchski
Getting so antsy! And excited!!!
muchski
Send a message

Post by muchski
I've noticed that they rearranged the list of platforms in updated beta references, and while it looks like we got the second most recent update (iphone first of course), .106 was an incremental bug fix which was helpful but didnt intro the hyper social features most other platforms have, and we are still in 1.8.xx tree as opposed to 1.9.xx.

No major complaints here but I just wanted to highlight that and maybe this recent reshuffling is a sign of a imminent update? Man I am a loser!
muchski
Send a message

Post by muchski
Well they just submitted new iPhone app to appstore and said that would take about ten days and we would see new Android version soon after that. Man I wonder what the actual breakdown of platforms is for Waze. I can't believe there are that many less Android users that we will get an upgrade (who knows if it will be the full deal or have the must have new features missing) after two major iPhone releases. :(

Oh well hopefully in next two weeks New Android release, I was hoping any day now but at least there is something more tangible!
muchski
Send a message

Post by muchski
Great news! Can't wait for Version 2.0! The name alone sounds like it will be something monumental! Hopefully Beta is out before month's end! :)
muchski
Send a message

Post by muchski
Can't wait for Version 2.0! I can feel it! Hoping any day now! I wanna join groups! Despite being area manager I use Android so I couldn't even make the group for my area. In a way it's good because it is encouraging that there are so many other active Wazers in Winnipeg too! :)
muchski
Send a message

Post by muchski
i keep singing to myself "any day now it will come! any day now it will come!"
muchski
Send a message

Post by muchski
I check this forum way too often... 2.0 wants my X10 so bad! :P
muchski
Send a message