Beta testing on multiple phones simultaneously

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy, hilaroth

Re: Beta testing on multiple phones simultaneously

Postby crazycomputingdotnet » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:55 am

I have two accounts. When I report issues I always specify which device and which ID that account has. Although the ID is not officially on the beta test list, since you are the tester they shouldn't have any issue with it. Perlin has accepted logs and issues from the account I have set up as a test account with no problems.
crazycomputingdotnet
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Beta testing on multiple phones simultaneously

Postby davipt » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:20 am

denarius wrote:Since Waze still doesn't appear to report segments of my drive without signal, it would be nice to have both running so whichever has signal can report traffic data and validate road information.

Once I was debugging something with my next-table colleague and friend to check out an iPhone vs. Android thing, and then forgot to logout from his account, so instead of having a nice drive home (or two, mine and his), he got a ugly mess on his drives with dozens of small drives. Every time one of the clients pinged the server, the server thought "oh this is far away, it should be a new drive, ok 100m north, done". :D

Then later fortunately the clients got smarter and started poping up that the account is being used in multiple devices so I never did the same mistake again.

For the beta I'd use a second account. For the multiple operator signal loss, I'd suggest to get a better operator, but it's a joke I can't avoid due to my telco background :mrgreen:
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Beta testing on multiple phones simultaneously

Postby denarius » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:12 am

I always carry two phones on two different carriers. Right now, iPhone 5 on AT&T and Droid DNA on Verizon.

I like to beta test both android and ios versions of Waze. I would like to run both phones with their respective beta clients simultaneously. I've read that you shouldn't be logged into multiple devices from the same account at the same time. Is this true? Is there a way I can beta test both clients simultaneously and still get credit for my work under one username?

There are other instances where running both Waze clients under the same username are useful. For example, I often drive in locations with poor or spotty coverage (thus keeping multiple carriers on hand). Many times I'll have signal on one or the other, but it will flip flop while I'm driving. Since Waze still doesn't appear to report segments of my drive without signal, it would be nice to have both running so whichever has signal can report traffic data and validate road information.

Again, I know that I can use different usernames, but I'd like to get credit under my "main" account for the data I collect and testing I do.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Area Manager
denarius

Return to App Beta Testing